Golden Trumpet-1

Shantanu Bhattacharya

Sep 7, 2010, 2:40:22 PM9/7/10
to efloraofindia
Hi
sharing snaps of Goldn Trumpet (Allamanda cathartica)  flowers from my garden.
it belongs to the family Apocynaceae...and is a native to Centrala dnSouth America
regards
Shantanu  :)
alamandaaa.jpg

tanay bose

Sep 7, 2010, 2:43:49 PM9/7/10
to Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
nice close up
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant

mani nair

Sep 8, 2010, 9:32:39 AM9/8/10
to tanay bose, Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia

Shantanu ji,  nice photo of the flower.   I believe the seeds are poisonos, but the birds relish it !
!

Thanks for sharing,
Mani.

Shantanu

Sep 8, 2010, 10:55:29 AM9/8/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mani ji...
I didnt know that the seeds of this plant are toxic.........good
information about the species.

regards
Shantanu :)

On Sep 8, 6:32 pm, mani nair <mani.na...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Shantanu ji,  nice photo of the flower.   I believe the seeds are poisonos,
> but the birds relish it !
> !
>
> Thanks for sharing,
> Mani.
>

> On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:13 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > nice close up
> > tanay
>
> >   On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 12:10 AM, Shantanu Bhattacharya <
> > shnt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> Hi
> >> sharing snaps of Goldn Trumpet (Allamanda cathartica)  flowers from my
> >> garden.
> >> it belongs to the family Apocynaceae...and is a native to Centrala dnSouth
> >> America
> >> regards
> >> Shantanu  :)
>
> > --
> > Tanay Bose
> > Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant
> > Department of Botany
> > University of British Columbia
> > 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> > Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> > Phone: 778-323-4036- Hide quoted text -

Padmini Raghavan

Sep 8, 2010, 2:02:40 PM9/8/10
to mani nair, tanay bose, Shantanu Bhattacharya, efloraofindia
I have never seen seeds on this plant.
Does anyone have snaps of them?
Thanks,
Padmini Raghavan.