For ID 061209PKA1

Prashant awale

Dec 6, 2009, 1:27:21 AM12/6/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,
Came across this Tree with blackish brown berries near "Tolar Khind, Harishchandragad". (01-12-2009).
Thanks & best wishes
Prashant..
IMG_4056.jpg
IMG_4055.jpg
IMG_4057.jpg

Nayan Singh

Dec 6, 2009, 2:13:34 AM12/6/09
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
............... fruits look like Capsule of some Lagerstroemia sp

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Dec 6, 2009, 1:04:01 PM12/6/09
to indiantreepix, Prashant awale
Hi Prashant,
  They are the fruit of Nana [Lagerstroemia parviflora] also called the 'Stripping Lady'. Sending you some of my photographs for comparison.

   Had earlier on this site stated that Nana was Lagerstroemia lanceolata, but according to Dr.Almeida, Cooke got it wrong in his 'Flora of Bombay' - hence the confusion. I now stand corrected.
                                   With regards,
                                     Neil Soares.

--- On Sun, 12/6/09, Prashant awale <pka...@gmail.com> wrote:
Lagerstroemis parviflora [Nana] flowering.jpg
Lagerstroemis parviflora [Nana] flowers.jpg
Lagerstroemia parviflora [Nana] fruit 1.jpg
Lagerstroemia parviflora [Nana ] fruit 2.jpg
Lagerstroemia parviflora [Nana] fruit 3.jpg
Lagerstroemia parviflora [Nana] fruit 4.jpg

JM Garg

Apr 23, 2019, 7:28:50 AM4/23/19
to efloraofindia, Prashant awale, Neil Soares
After going through all the posts in efi site, I feel it is closer to images, details and keys at Lagerstroemia microcarpa
IMG_4056.jpg
IMG_4055.jpg
IMG_4057.jpg

JM Garg