ID request 230211SP02

Skip to the first unread message

sheetal chaudhari

23-Feb-2011, 3:44:41 am23/02/11
to efloraofindia
Big tree. Looks like some Acacia sp

Regards,
Sheetal
DSCN0343.JPG

Rajendra Shinde

23-Feb-2011, 3:50:15 am23/02/11
to sheetal....@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, efloraofindia
Parkia biglandulosa Wight & Arn. Mimosaceae
"Chendu Phali"

RS

--
Dr. Rajendra D. Shinde,
Director, Council of International Programmes,

sheetal chaudhari

23-Feb-2011, 3:53:46 am23/02/11
to Rajendra Shinde, efloraofindia
Thank you Sir

Regards,
Sheetal Pachpande

Rashida Atthar

23-Feb-2011, 3:54:21 am23/02/11
to sheetal....@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, efloraofindia
This looks like Parkia biglanduralis to me, but picture is too dark.

regards,
Rashida

Rashida Atthar

23-Feb-2011, 3:57:33 am23/02/11
to sheetal....@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, efloraofindia
Sorry for the typo, it should read  Parkia biglandulosa Wight & Arn. commonly called Badminton ball tree.

regards,
Rasshida.

Pankaj Oudhia

23-Feb-2011, 4:39:18 am23/02/11
to efloraofindia
Ball in Badminton??? Here we play Badminton with Shuttlecock.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Dinesh Valke

23-Feb-2011, 4:56:16 am23/02/11
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Pankaj ji ... ball badminton is not much in vogue now (at least in Mumbai OR Thane that I know of) ... earlier, about 20 - 30 years back, it was played in my neighborhood.
Some info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_badminton
Regards.
Dinesh

Pankaj Oudhia

23-Feb-2011, 5:00:16 am23/02/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Dinesh ji. It is absolutely new term for me. Thanks. Wish to play in next Pune visit.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Mahadeswara

23-Feb-2011, 8:16:23 am23/02/11
to efloraofindia
There are plenty of these tree in Mysore city. There are nearly 5 to
6 trees nearby my house. I will upload the photos shortly.

On Feb 23, 3:00 pm, Pankaj Oudhia <pankajoud...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Dinesh ji. It is absolutely new term for me. Thanks. Wish to play in
> next Pune visit.
>
> regards
>
> Pankaj Oudhia
>
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:26 PM, Dinesh Valke <dinesh.va...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > Pankaj ji ... ball badminton is not much in vogue now (at least in Mumbai
> > OR Thane that I know of) ... earlier, about 20 - 30 years back, it was
> > played in my neighborhood.
> > Some info here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_badminton
> > Regards.
> > Dinesh
>
> > On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:09 PM, Pankaj Oudhia <pankajoud...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Ball in Badminton??? Here we play Badminton with Shuttlecock.
>
> >> regards
>
> >> Pankaj Oudhia
>
> >> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 2:27 PM, Rashida Atthar <atthar.rash...@gmail.com

Satish Phadke

23-Feb-2011, 10:19:18 am23/02/11
to sheetal....@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, efloraofindia
Parkia biglandulosa
Family Mimosaceae
Not native of India. Widely planted in many cities.
At present it is flowering in Pune city as you have rightly noticed.
There are many trees in Mayur colony as well as on Prabhat road Pune.
Regarding its origin some sites say that it is from Malaysia, some say it is from south America while some say it to be Africa. I really don't know which is correct.
Attaching some images from my collection
Dr Phadke
Parkia3.jpg
Parkia1.jpg
Parkia2.jpg

tanay bose

23-Feb-2011, 3:15:09 pm23/02/11
to Satish Phadke, sheetal....@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, efloraofindia
nice detailed catch Satish Ji
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Satish Chile

24-Feb-2011, 1:23:09 am24/02/11
to tanay bose, Satish Phadke, sheetal....@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, efloraofindia
Parkia biglandulosa nice catch. In Govt. P.G. College Balaghat tere are two very old trees of Parkia about 60 year old. We indentified them as Parkia roxburghii. Are these two the same species or different one?
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

tanay bose

24-Feb-2011, 7:38:42 am24/02/11
to Satish Chile, Satish Phadke, sheetal....@gmail.com, sheetal chaudhari, efloraofindia

Hi Satish Ji

Parkia roxburghii G. Don (and  Inga timoriana DC. (basionym),  Parkia javanica auct.) is synonym of Parkia timoriana (DC.) Merr.

Whereas,  Parkia biglandulosa Wight & Arn. (Syn: Parkia pedunculata J. F. Macbr.) Is completely a different plant.

Regards

Tanay

Satish Chile

25-Feb-2011, 2:12:19 am25/02/11