SK1992 11 June 2019

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 11, 2019, 4:53:58 AM6/11/19
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg

Dear Members,

Location: Godawari, Lalitpur,, Nepal
Altitude: 1566 m.
Date: 04 June 2019
Habit : Wild

Actinodaphne sikkimensis Meisn. ??

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
DSC_0752.JPG
DSC_0760.JPG
DSC_0753.JPG
DSC_0751.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG
DSC_0785.JPG
DSC_0754.JPG
DSC_0756.JPG
DSC_0759.JPG
DSC_0758.JPG

J.M. Garg

Jun 21, 2019, 6:57:33 AM6/21/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Looks different from images at Actinodaphne sikkimensis
May be some Neolitsea/ Litsea species as per comparative images herein.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 3,000 members & 3,00,000 messages on 23.8.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which more than 1,70,000 images are directly displayed).

DSC_0752.JPG
DSC_0760.JPG
DSC_0753.JPG
DSC_0751.JPG
DSC_0750.JPG
DSC_0785.JPG
DSC_0754.JPG
DSC_0756.JPG
DSC_0759.JPG
DSC_0758.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Jun 25, 2019, 5:30:37 AM6/25/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia
Dear Mr. Garg,

Does not look matching with both sp. and all listed in ACFPN
whichever images available in the net.

Fruits are in a bunch of more than 10, all facing upwards
and tapering at the end and almost pointed.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 9, 2019, 2:48:33 AM7/9/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju

Some earlier relevant feedback:

Looks different from images at Actinodaphne sikkimensis
May be some Neolitsea/ Litsea species as per comparative images herein.- from me

Does not look matching with both sp. and all listed in ACFPN whichever images available in the net. Fruits are in a bunch of more than 10, all facing upwards and tapering at the end and almost pointed. Thank you.
Saroj Kasaju

Jul 9, 2019, 5:19:20 AM7/9/19
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Rajeev Singh ji.

Jul 11, 2019, 6:05:14 AM7/11/19
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia

Thank you Rajeev Sir,

Yes it matches I guess. Measurement of drupe is also matching.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Jul 11, 2019, 11:15:45 PM7/11/19
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraofindia
Thanks, Saroj ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

JM Garg

Oct 29, 2022, 6:45:12 AM10/29/22
to efloraofindia, Saroj Kasaju
I feel it can be Litsea doshia (D.Don) Kosterm. as per POWO specimen and GBIF specimens- one and two and Online Flora of Nepal

Oct 29, 2022, 11:40:44 AM10/29/22
to JM Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Oct 29, 2022, 9:29:38 PM10/29/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Can not say about FOI images.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Oct 30, 2022, 2:22:52 AM10/30/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
I think Thingnam ji's images of L.doshia in FOI looks like those of Litsea glutinosa
L.doshia is restricted to Nepal as per POWO.
Tabish ji may like to correct.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:15:00 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Finally, flowers after 3 and half years.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC01586.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:15:27 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC01567.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:15:58 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC01571.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:16:13 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC01573.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:16:28 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC01579.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:16:42 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC01580.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:17:10 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC01582.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:17:19 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC01583.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:17:36 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC01584.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:18:00 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_4344.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:18:14 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC_4345.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:18:31 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC_4346.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:18:39 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC_4348.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:18:54 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

DSC_4349.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:19:25 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
DSC_4352.JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Nov 16, 2022, 10:24:10 AM11/16/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

J.M. Garg

Dec 3, 2022, 6:33:19 AM12/3/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Is it from the same place: Godawari, Lalitpur,, Nepal?
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 3, 2022, 10:16:39 AM12/3/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
Same tree.
Than you Mr. Garg.
Saroj Kasaju
--
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 4, 2022, 12:12:18 AM12/4/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
OK

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 4, 2022, 12:28:09 AM12/4/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
So ID is OK according to flowers ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Dec 7, 2022, 5:36:31 AM12/7/22
to Saroj Kasaju, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia
I think so.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Dec 7, 2022, 6:23:58 AM12/7/22
to J.M. Garg, Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju