Turnera speciosum

Rashida Atthar

Oct 31, 2010, 3:34:59 AM10/31/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
As ided by Dr. Almeida- These bright flowers were seen at Sawantwadi, Mah., in Sep.'10.  This is a rare plant in the area introduced from outside.

regards,
Rashida.
Turnera speciosum close-up.JPG
Turnera speciosum flower leaves.JPG
Turnera speciosum.JPG

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 31, 2010, 3:50:09 AM10/31/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Never heard of this species. Even if its new by Almeida sir, I thought
it should be Turnera speciosa.
Pankaj

Pankaj Kumar Ph.D. (Orchidaceae)
Research Associate
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
Post Box # 18
Dehradun - 248001, India

Rashida Atthar

Oct 31, 2010, 5:01:04 AM10/31/10
to Pankaj Kumar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Never said it is new. Kindly read the text properly Dr. Pankaj. Will be grateful if someone could give correct species name.

regards,
Rashida.

Pankaj Kumar

Oct 31, 2010, 5:07:59 AM10/31/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I am sorry but I said, "if its new" as may be described by Dr.
Almeida. My correction was based on latin gender.
Regards
Pankaj

On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Rashida Atthar

Prashant awale

Oct 31, 2010, 6:59:16 AM10/31/10
to Pankaj Kumar, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
I had once seen similar flowers at Mahabalipuram and that was Turnera subulata.
regards
Prashant

tanay bose

Oct 31, 2010, 10:06:53 AM10/31/10
to Prashant awale, Pankaj Kumar, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
100% Turnera subulata
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 31, 2010, 11:46:41 AM10/31/10
to tanay bose, Prashant awale, Pankaj Kumar, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes logically it should be T. speciosa (but some times logic fails as was in prattensis yesterday; and the author has that liberty). The name does not appear in IPNI (speciosa or speciosum) or the Net. May be a very recently named (and described?) species. Some one having latest Flora of Maharashtra can verify.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

shrikant ingalhalikar

Nov 1, 2010, 6:26:53 AM11/1/10
to efloraofindia
Turnera subulata Sm. native of south America, naturalised in and
around Goa. Regards, Shrikant

On Oct 31, 8:46 pm, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes logically it should be T. speciosa (but some times logic fails as was in
> prattensis yesterday; and the author has that liberty). The name does not
> appear in IPNI (speciosa or speciosum) or the Net. May be a very recently
> named (and described?) species. Some one having latest Flora of Maharashtra
> can verify.
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Retired  Associate Professor
>

> On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 7:06 AM, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > 100% Turnera subulata
> > Tanay
>
> > On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Prashant awale <pkaw...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> I had once seen similar flowers at Mahabalipuram and that was *Turnera
> >> subulata*.
> >> regards
> >> Prashant

> > *Tanay Bose*
> > Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> > Department of Botany.
> > University of British Columbia .
> > 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> > Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> > Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >             604-822-2019 (Lab)
> > ta...@interchange.ubc.ca- Hide quoted text -

Rashida Atthar

Nov 4, 2010, 9:30:36 AM11/4/10
to shrikant ingalhalikar, efloraofindia
Thanks a lot for the ID Shrikant ji, Prashant ji, Tanay and Dr.Gurcharan ji.

regards,
Rashida.

Satish Phadke

Nov 4, 2010, 9:46:42 AM11/4/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Turnera subulata belongs to a rather uncommon family :Turneraceae Order Malpighiales.