efloraofindia:''Id 14092011MR2’’ Dianthus flowers Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 14, 2011, 5:33:09 AM9/14/11
to efloraofindia
Sharing pictures of Dianthus
Regards
Bhagyashri
Dianthus1.jpg
dianthus.jpg
dianthus4 .jpg
Dianthus3.jpg
dianthus2.jpg

Balkar Arya

Sep 14, 2011, 7:38:36 AM9/14/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Nice carnation
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Madhuri Raut

Sep 14, 2011, 7:45:17 AM9/14/11
to Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkarji. But I am a little confused Is Carnation and Dianthus the same
Regards
Bhagyashri

Balkar Arya

Sep 14, 2011, 8:02:11 AM9/14/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Carnation is Common Name and Dianthus Botanical name. This may be D. caryophyllus

hari lal

Sep 14, 2011, 8:10:28 AM9/14/11
to Balkar Arya, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
nice photograph bhagyshree ji thanks for sharing
--
HARI SHANKAR LAL
AT-SHIV KUTIR

Madhuri Raut

Sep 14, 2011, 9:02:30 AM9/14/11
to hari lal, Balkar Arya, efloraofindia
Thank you Balkarji and Hari lalji.
@Balkarji I asked you about Carnation and Dianthus because when I got these plants from the local nursery one was labelled Carnation and the other Dianthus and so the confusion.Probably they were trying to teach me both the common and the Botanical name ha ha I am attaching the picture of both.
Regards
Bhagyashri
carnation purple and white dianthus .jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 1, 2016, 8:30:23 AM10/1/16
to efloraofindia, Bhagyashri Ranade, Balkar Singh
It should be Dianthus chinensis L.  as per images herein.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- around 2700 members & 2,40,000 messages on 31.3.16) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 11,000 species & 2,20,000 images).

Dianthus1.jpg
dianthus.jpg
dianthus4 .jpg
Dianthus3.jpg
dianthus2.jpg

Bhagyashri

Oct 1, 2016, 8:51:57 AM10/1/16
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Balkar Singh
Garg ji,
Thank you
Regards
Bhagyashri