ID Request - 200521AS02 - Nymphaea Pubescens ?

Arjun Kindra

May 20, 2021, 10:59:56 AM5/20/21
to efloraindia

Hi,

Can you please help me ID this plant?

________________________

Date/Time- 20th May 2021

Location- Reni Pani Village, Near Satpura National Park, Madhya Pradesh

Habitat- Cultivated

Plant Habit- Aquatic floating leaved plant.

We had found this plant in the wild first and then planted it in our pond. The flowers are dark pink and usually open till noon. The leaves appear to be slightly crinkled and have a reddish tone to them.

Thanks,
Arjun

6257c072-df49-4d90-b1c4-16bf7eaf9845.jpg

Mahadeswara

May 21, 2021, 12:09:47 AM5/21/21
to efloraofindia
Check for Nelumbo nucifera.    It is not possible to visualise the floral parts ! Post a clear picture of the  flowers for proper ID.

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 21, 2021, 6:08:45 AM5/21/21
to efloraofindia
No way Mahadeswara Ji,
damn sure it's Nymphaea only, not Nelumbo,
need to conform with stamens either rubra or pubescens,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/21/21, 03:36:06 PM

Arjun Kindra

May 21, 2021, 12:47:49 PM5/21/21
to efloraofindia
Thanks Mahadeswara Ji, I agree this is definitely not Nelumbo nucifera. This does seem more like Nymphaea Rubra to me, as I read the description for it on Flowers of India and it does flower all year round, unlike Pubescens. Will try and get a better picture for this and share it.

Best,
Arjun

J.M. Garg

May 29, 2021, 4:30:02 AM5/29/21
to Arjun Kindra, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu, M Swamy
Hi, Arjun ji,
Pl. post high res. image to see the details.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Arjun Kindra

May 30, 2021, 1:03:46 AM5/30/21
to efloraofindia

Hi,

Here is an image with the stamen visible, let me know if this helps!

Thanks,
Arjun
IMG_4934.jpeg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

May 30, 2021, 9:58:41 AM5/30/21
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Seems to Nymphaea rubra to me,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack 05/30/21, 07:26:46 PM

J.M. Garg

May 30, 2021, 10:20:35 AM5/30/21
to efloraofindia, Arjun Kindra
Pl. check comparative images in efloraofindia site.
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Jun 5, 2021, 6:19:55 AM6/5/21
to efloraofindia, Arjun Kindra
It is Nymphaea × omarana Bisset as per comparative images at Nymphaea
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Arjun Kindra

Jul 8, 2021, 6:04:13 AM7/8/21
to efloraofindia
Thank You for helping with the ID. This was a tough one to figure out.