Brassica oleracea var. viridis from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 27, 2010, 8:47:12 AM7/27/10
to efloraofindia
Brassica oleracea var. viridis (syn: B. oleracea var. acephala p. p.) from Kashmir, the famous Haak or Karam saag of Kashmir, commonly grown in kitchen gardens, rarely seen flowering.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Brassica-oleracea-viridis-Kashmir-a.jpg
Brassica-oleracea-viridis-Kashmir-b.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 27, 2010, 8:54:27 AM7/27/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Never new is eaten in Kashmir

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

chisha

Jun 14, 2012, 8:55:17 AM6/14/12
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir,
 I was just looking at your photo of Haak, I bought some veggie seeds from Srinagar, one of which the guy said as Kashmiri saag. Have you any photo of its seeds? Mine have a brown seed in flattened discs.
Chitra

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 14, 2012, 9:15:19 AM6/14/12
to chisha, indian...@googlegroups.com
Chitra ji
Unfortunately I don't have photographs of seeds. Perhaps if you had written about it a few days before, I could have taken photographs. Now I am back to Delhi.