Fruits & Vegetables Week: Rubus niveus var. pauciflorus, the hill raspberry

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 11, 2011, 11:58:59 PM1/11/11
to efloraofindia
A common woody straggler of Western Himalayas, fruits eaten fresh or used as jam.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Rubus-niveus-pauciflorus-Kashmir-b.jpg
Rubus-niveus-var-pauciflorus-Kashmir-a.jpg

tanay bose

Jan 12, 2011, 12:57:03 AM1/12/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
thanks sir Ji I actually came to know aboud foos value of some plant which i always considered as weeds
tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Ninad Raut

Jan 12, 2011, 6:32:01 AM1/12/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Sir,
Thanks for sharing.
If I am not wrong then the fruits turn black when they ripe... am I
right?

Thanks and Regards
Ninad

--
Ninad B. Raut
Senior Research Fellow

"Survey and Mapping of Medicinal Plants in Uttarakhand"
Department of Habitat Ecology
Wildlife Institute of India
P.O. Box # 18, Chandrabani
Dehradun - 248 001. India
Tel: 0135 26401 11 - 15

On Jan 12, 10:57 am, tanay bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks sir Ji I actually came to know aboud foos value of some plant which i
> always considered as weeds
> tanay
>
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 8:58 PM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > A common woody straggler of Western Himalayas, fruits eaten fresh or used
> > as jam.
>
> > --
> > Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> > Retired  Associate Professor
> > SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> > Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> > Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>
> --
> *Tanay Bose*
> Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> Department of Botany.
> University of British Columbia .
> 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
>            604-822-2019 (Lab)
>            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> *Webpages:*http://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/mberbee.htmlhttp://www.botany.ubc.ca/people/gradstud.htmlhttps://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/

Ninad Raut

Jan 12, 2011, 6:51:04 AM1/12/11
to eFLORA group syn. indiantreepix
Dear Sir and All,
I hope even this plant is Rubus niveus var. pauciflorus
this was clicked at
Location: Village Pali, (Yamuna valley), Uttarkashi Dist, Uttarakhand
Date:      June 18, 2008

This is what I had mention in my last post as in Uttarakhand or at least in Uttarkashi Dist,
this plant is known as "Kali Hisar" locally and fruits are edible when they fully ripe - turning black.
Flowers are pinkish, unfortunately I do not pic of flowers to share with you all.

Thanks and Regards
Ninad

--
Ninad B. Raut
Senior Research Fellow

"Survey and Mapping of Medicinal Plants in Uttarakhand"
Department of Habitat Ecology

Wildlife Institute of India
P.O. Box # 18, Chandrabani
Dehradun - 248 001. India
Tel: 0135 26401 11 - 15

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 5:11 PM, Ninad Raut <rautn...@gmail.com> wrote:

Rubus niveus1.jpg
Rubus niveus 2.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 12, 2011, 7:10:34 AM1/12/11
to Ninad Raut, eFLORA group syn. indiantreepix
Yes Ninad ji
This plant is very distinct in pinnate rose-like leaves and was earlier known as R. lasiocarpus.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Ninad Raut

Jan 13, 2011, 4:47:31 AM1/13/11
to Gurcharan Singh, eFLORA group syn. indiantreepix
Thank you very much Gurcharan Sir.