Hyptis suveolens - American from Periyar

Nayan Singh

Aug 19, 2009, 1:24:37 AM8/19/09
to indiantreepix, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Friends seen this plant at Thekedi in Periyar Tiger Reserve. Looks like Hyptis suveolens - American mint, but leaves are different.
Please ID it
Thanks in Advance

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Looking for local information? Find it on Yahoo! Local
Hyptis suveolens - American mint.jpg

J.M. Garg

Aug 30, 2009, 7:50:56 AM8/30/09
to indiantreepix, Nayan Singh

Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Hyptis suveolens - American mint.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 12, 2009, 7:35:35 AM9/12/09
to indiantreepix

Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.

Sep 12, 2009, 8:59:07 AM9/12/09
to J.M. Garg, indiantreepix
This is Hyptis suaveolens (L.) Poit. There are a lot variations in its morphology. Leaf size is one among them.

Santhosh

2009/9/12 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
--
SANTHOSH
-----------------------------------

Dr. E S SANTHOSH KUMAR
Tropical Botanic Garden and Research Institute, Palode
Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala, India
www.drsanthosh.wetpaint.com
 Please consider your environmental responsibility:Before printing this e-mail, ask yourself whether you need a hard copy!

Pardeshi S.

Sep 14, 2009, 1:37:08 AM9/14/09
to indiantreepix
Hello all

I have encountered a hyptis plant with very short calyx .
in adition to that i have also collected pink -rosy coloured flower of
Hyptis.

regards
Satish Pardeshi

On Sep 12, 5:59 pm, santhosh kumar es <santhoshkuma...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> This is Hyptis suaveolens (L.) Poit. There are a lot variations in its
> morphology. Leaf size is one among them.
>
> Santhosh
>
> 2009/9/12 J.M. Garg <jmga...@gmail.com>
>

> > Forwarding again for Id confirmation pl.

Swagat

Sep 14, 2009, 8:16:14 AM9/14/09
to Pardeshi S., indiantreepix
Dear all,

'Hyptis suveolens' is called 'Vilayati Tulas' 'विलायती तुळस',  or  'Darp Tulas' 'दर्प तुळस' in Marathi.

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568