Identify these trees

Suvarna Sarpotdar

Oct 26, 2009, 6:34:33 AM10/26/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,
I saw this tree in Ahmedabad house gardens and also in Roopmati Hotel in Mandu,MP on 19.10.09.
Which is this tree and does flower?
Suvarna
Identify Tree!!!.jpg

J.M. Garg

Oct 26, 2009, 7:29:35 AM10/26/09
to Suvarna Sarpotdar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Suvarna ji,

 You are requested to follow the following guidelines, which will also be of help to you:

" 4. Each attachment maximum 150 KB. But one can have many attachments to illustrate different aspects of a tree/plant. But one has to be cautious not to post unnecessary pictures as far as possible. One has to re-size one's pictures to say maximum upto 800 by 600 pixels at 72 DPI with quality settings of say 5 to 10 to bring it upto a maximum of 150 KB as per group guidelines for posting. Links are to be avoided as far as possible as attachments are allowed.

13. Re-sizing in Microsoft Photo Editor:

Open your picture in Microsoft Photo Editor, which is available in most of the Microsoft Office computers. Select Image--> Resize & selected width as say 800 pixels (height sets itself automatically) & click on OK. Select File--> Save as, choose file name & clicked on save button. Now file is ready for web use. If it’s more than 150 KB, it can be reduced within 150 Kb by selected width of say 700 pixels or less instead of 800 pixels."

2009/10/26 Suvarna Sarpotdar <suvarna....@gmail.com>

Brief Posting Guidelines.doc
Detailed Posting Guidelines.doc

Vijayasankar Raman

Oct 26, 2009, 7:55:34 AM10/26/09
to J.M. Garg, Suvarna Sarpotdar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is a cultivar of Indian Coral Tree, namely Erythrina variegata var. picta. It will have beautiful orange-red flowers in terminal clusters.

--
With regards

R. Vijayasankar
FRLHT, Bangalore

Suvarna Sarpotdar

Oct 26, 2009, 12:24:07 PM10/26/09
to Vijayasankar Raman, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks,Sir. I hope I can see trees flower!!!

Suvarna

Suvarna Sarpotdar

Oct 26, 2009, 12:32:42 PM10/26/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I saw this tree near the entrance of Rani Roopmati Mahal in Mandu,MP on 19.10.2009.

I saw similar tree in Saurashtra region in Gujarat.I couldn't take a snap as we were travelling . But I think yellow coloured flowers were bigger than these and leaves were similar to those of pine tree.

Suvarna
Identify tree!!.jpg

Vijayadas D

Oct 26, 2009, 12:37:58 PM10/26/09
to Suvarna Sarpotdar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

It is Parkinsonia sps.

Riyadh-11462,PBNO-7210
KSA
vijayadas.wetpaint.com

Ferns are funniest plants..............!!!!!

Kenneth Greby

Oct 26, 2009, 12:42:19 PM10/26/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Suvarna Sarpotdar
Suvarna--

 This is Parkinsonia aculeata, Jerusalem Thorn, native to The Americas.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinsonia_aculeata

Regards--
Ken Greby.

Nayan Singh

Oct 26, 2009, 12:42:51 PM10/26/09
to Suvarna Sarpotdar, indiantreepix
Parkinsonia aculeata Linn. from Caesalpiniaceae

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Oct 27, 2009, 3:02:18 AM10/27/09
to Suvarna Sarpotdar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Parkinsonia aculeata, a good tree for middle east countries landscaping

Santhosh

2009/10/26 Suvarna Sarpotdar <suvarna....@gmail.com>

Thiruvananthapuram-695562
Kerala