Konkan, MH :: Yellow aster for ID :: ARK2021-026

Alka Khare

Mar 21, 2021, 8:43:56 AMMar 21
to efloraofindia

Hello friends

Seen this yellow aster  in a village near coastal Devgad, MH in the last week of December 2020.
Is this Pulicaria wightiana. eFI pics match.

Requested to please ID.

Thanks and regards
Alka Khare
Type1_Padel Mala2.jpeg
Type1_Padel Mala3.jpeg
Type1_Padel Mala1.jpeg

J.M. Garg

Mar 26, 2021, 4:22:53 AMMar 26
to efloraofindia, Alka
Thanks, Alka ji,

On checking in CoL and POWO, all of them may be listed in Maharashtra.
I got keys in Flora of Medak District, as per which we can rule out P.foliolosa. As per keys, I think it may be Pulicaria wightiana, although I am not able to clearly see the peduncle below the head.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

Alka Khare

Mar 26, 2021, 10:46:25 PMMar 26
to efloraofindia
Thank you Garg ji for the links.

I would like to go with your analysis, P wightiana.

Regards
Alka Khare