Small white flower(Samir Takaochi)

Samir Takaochi

Mar 17, 2009, 9:05:20 PM3/17/09
to indiantreepix
Thank you alwasy for your advice. Could someone advice me for ID?

Place: Andaman island
Flower diameter:1cm
Hieght: 8cm

Natural

DSC05057.jpg
DSC05060.jpg

Tabish

Mar 18, 2009, 6:24:15 AM3/18/09
to indiantreepix
Looks like chickweed (Stellaria media)
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Chickweed.html
- Tabish
>  DSC05057.jpg
> 78KViewDownload
>
>  DSC05060.jpg
> 78KViewDownload

Samir Takaochi

Mar 18, 2009, 6:34:31 AM3/18/09
to Tabish, indiantreepix
Tabish ji, thank you so much for your reply!

It looks like chickweed but width of patal and edge of leaf looks different. Don't you think?

Samir

Tabish

Mar 18, 2009, 6:39:46 AM3/18/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Samir,
The edges of the leaves in the picture in my link, may look different
because the plant may not have been in great health. However, you can
cross-check it with other images on the web, this for instance:
http://www.kingdomplantae.net/chickweed.php
- Tabish