Request for ID - Plant grown on the vertical sides of the Randha Fall

Swagat

Jul 9, 2010, 8:20:04 AM7/9/10
to indiantreepix

Dear all,

Request for ID....

Date/Time- *24th June 2010, 0930 a.m.*

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  *Randha Fall, Tahasil- Akole, Dist.
Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra  रंधा धबधबा, ता.- अकोले, जि.- अहमदनगर, महाराष्‍ट्र*

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- *Rural*

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-Height/Length-
Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.-  It is observed naturally grown on the both vertical sides of the Fall

Regards,

~Swagat
9223217568 / 9422317979
240610-Randha-Fall-Swagat1.jpg
240610-Randha-Fall-Swagat1A.jpg
240610-Randha-Fall-Swagat1B.jpg
Randha-Fall-Swagat.jpg

Dinesh Valke

Jul 9, 2010, 8:32:12 AM7/9/10
to Swagat, indiantreepix
... most probably Ensete superbum (syn. Musa superba) ... commonly known as: rock banana, wild plantain • Hindi: जंगली केला jungli kela • Kannada: ಕಾಡು ಬಾಳೆ kaadu baale • Konkani: रान क्यांळे raan kyaanle • Malayalam: കല്ല് വാഴ kall vazha • Marathi: चवेणी chaveni, रानकेळ raankel • Sanskrit: बहुजा bahuja • Tamil: கல்வாழை kal-valai, காட்டுவாழை kattu-valai • Telugu: అడవి అరటి adavi arati

Regards.

tanay bose

Jul 9, 2010, 8:34:26 AM7/9/10
to Dinesh Valke, Swagat, indiantreepix
Musa superba I hope
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

tanay bose

Jul 9, 2010, 8:37:55 AM7/9/10
to Dinesh Valke, Swagat, indiantreepix
Description and related information from the link below :

http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~drc/esuperbum.htm

Regards
Tanay

mani nair

Jul 9, 2010, 9:18:49 AM7/9/10
to tanay bose, Dinesh Valke, Swagat, indiantreepix
Yes, this is wild banana found on hill slopes.  This produce seeds.

Regards,

Mani.