[efloraofindia:35062] Michelia champaca fruiting

Rashida Atthar

May 17, 2010, 11:31:11 AM5/17/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
The very rich  fruiting  of Michelia champaca seen at Shahpur, Mah., last week of March, '10.

regards,
Rashida.

Michelia champaca immature fruits.JPG
Michelia champaca leaves trunk.JPG
Michelia champaca mature fruit.JPG
Michelia champaca mature fruits.JPG
Michelia champaca .JPG

tanay bose

May 17, 2010, 11:34:00 AM5/17/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
great catch rashida ji thanks for sharinh
tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Gurcharan Singh

May 17, 2010, 11:42:33 AM5/17/10
to tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Rashida ji
How do you manage such good photographs

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

R. Vijayasankar

May 17, 2010, 10:23:29 PM5/17/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Wow! What a shot!!
seeds are waiting, any takers?

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Dinesh Valke

May 18, 2010, 1:18:54 AM5/18/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Michelia champaca, native to India, Indonesia ... is commonly known as: champaca, fragrant champaca, fragrant himalayan champac, joy perfume tree, white champak, white jade orchid tree • Bengali: চম্পক champaka • Hindi: चम्पा champa • Konkani: चांपे champe, सोनचांपे sonchampe • Malayalam: ചബകം cabakam • Manipuri: লৈহাও leihao • Marathi: चाफा chafa, चापा chapa, चांपा champa, चापें chapen, सोनचाफा sonchafa, सोनचांपा sonchampa • Sanskrit: चंपक champaka, कंचन or कांचन kanchana, पुन्नाग punnaga, सुवर्णपुष्प suvarnapushpa • Tamil: சம்பகம் champaka • Telugu: చంపకము champaka

Regards.

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 18, 2010, 2:09:29 AM5/18/10
to indiantreepix, rashida atthar

May 18, 2010, 2:44:15 AM5/18/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Rashida JI,
Though I was living in a surrounding full of all these pictures, I owe
you people for making me open my eyes to the bounty that has always
been waiting to be noticed and enjoyed. These pictures of yours are an
example. I have seen them so often but without enjoying their beauty.
I have been fortunate to be living everyday in the midst of all this
beauty. These same seeds waiting as described by Mr. Vijay Shankarji
any takers. Oh there are plenty of takers my friend, the parakeets,
the Hill Mynas all of them enjoying the outer pulp and leaving their
mark too in this pristine atmosphere with their music.
Thanks to all you folks for making me open my eyes.
Regards
Yazdy.

On Mon, May 17, 2010 at 9:01 PM, Rashida Atthar

Prashant awale

May 18, 2010, 4:29:18 AM5/18/10
to Rashida Atthar, indian...@googlegroups.com
Great Pics Rashida ji.
regards
Prashant

Rashida Atthar

May 18, 2010, 6:54:58 AM5/18/10
to Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for the appreciation Tanay ji, Dr.Vijayasankar ji, Yazdi ji, Prashant ji,. Dinesh ji as usual thansk for all the names! Dr. Gurcharan ji when the subjects are beautiful, shots come beautiful too!   Anand ji we hope and pray that you get plenty of fruits in your plant too!

regards,
Rashida.

Balkar Arya

May 18, 2010, 11:22:01 AM5/18/10
to Rashida Atthar, Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Great Catch Rashida Ji

Regards

--
Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat

R. Vijayasankar

May 18, 2010, 11:21:22 PM5/18/10
to Balkar Arya, Rashida Atthar, Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Michelia champaca, though belongs to a premitive plant group, is not ceased to serve us. Its a common avenue tree (at least in Bangalore) with graceful canopy, cool foliage and fragrant flowers. Flowers are offered to God during prayers and are also medicinal in addition to their use in perfume industries. As Yazdy ji described it feeds birds diversity too. I have seen the wild populations in Kolli hills (TN), in a place called as 'Shenbaga thoppu' meaning 'Grove of Michelia champaca'. It has been included in the Red Listed Plant category and a medicinal plants conservation area has been established by FRLHT & Forest department for the protection of wild population of this graceful tree.

With regards

R. Vijayasankar

Rashida Atthar

May 19, 2010, 10:18:39 AM5/19/10
to R. Vijayasankar, Balkar Arya, Prashant awale, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Dr. Balkar ji and Dr. Vijayasankar ji.   I would have never thought this tree is red listed. Thanks for all the important information.

regards,
Rashida.

Pardeshi S.

May 20, 2010, 1:19:04 AM5/20/10
to efloraofindia
nice set of pics Rashida ji..
regards

Anand Kumar Bhatt

May 22, 2010, 5:10:10 AM5/22/10
to Pardeshi S., efloraofindia
This flower is also used in the manufacture the world famous perfume JOY.
ak
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road
Gwalior. 474 005.
Tele: 0751-247 2233. Mobile 0 94253 09780.
My blogsite is at:
http://anandkbhatt.blogspot.com
(A new blogs has been added on 1 April and 11 March 10.)
And the photo site:
www.flickr.com/photos/akbhatt/
Ten most  common surnames of Indians: Singh, Kumar, Sharma, Patel, Shah, Lal, Gupta, Bhat, Rao, Reddy. Cheers!