[efloraofindia:33352] Albizia odoratissima

Neil Soares

Apr 26, 2010, 2:13:41 PM4/26/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
 Also photographed this. Locally called Kala Siris, it is an extremely fast growing tree.
                        With regards,
                          Neil Soares.

Albizia odoratissima, Kala Siris.jpg
Albizia odoratissima, Kala Siris bark.jpg
Albizia odoratissima, Kala Siris leaves 1.jpg
Albizia odoratissima, Kala Siris leaves 2.jpg
Albizia odoratissima, Kala Siris leaves 3.jpg

tanay bose

Apr 27, 2010, 12:01:55 AM4/27/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Neil ji,
Is this a wild plant or cultivated? I south of Kolkata this tree is quit seen they are all planted along the roadside by the municipality .
Regards
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Neil Soares

Apr 27, 2010, 12:28:19 AM4/27/10
to tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tanay,
  Have at least 2 trees growing wild on my property. They were identified by Dr.Almeida.
                       Regards,
                         Neil.

tanay bose

Apr 27, 2010, 1:08:49 AM4/27/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the informations Neil Ji
Tanay

Satish Chile

Apr 27, 2010, 7:38:15 AM4/27/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
 Neil ji, Tanay ji,
Albizia lebbeck is commonly called 'Kala siris'. Incidentally for Albizia odoratissima, Benth. (Syn. Mimosa odoratissima, Roxb.) some use the vernacular "Kala Siris". Both of them are wild as well as cultivated.
Satish

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

tanay bose

Apr 27, 2010, 8:28:31 AM4/27/10
to Satish Chile, Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the information Satish ji
Regards
Tanay

Neil Soares

Apr 27, 2010, 9:12:04 AM4/27/10
to Satish Chile, tanay bose, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dr.Chile,
  Thank you for your reply. Have 3 types of Albizia on my property. They are :
   1. Albizia procera - Safed Siris, Kinhai
   2. Albizia lebbeck - Siris
& 3. Albizia odoratissima - Kala Siris
                  With regards,
                    Neil Soares.

Satish Phadke

Apr 27, 2010, 10:30:31 AM4/27/10
to Neil Soares, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hello
Nice to see A.odoratissima in your farm.
I think there are some of these trees on Vetal Tekdi and surrounding areas in Pune. At present there are no leaves ........waiting to see it flowering and catching pictures with some identifying characters.
At present A.amara is in full bloom with no visible leaves on it. I am sure you must be having that also.
Satish

Neil Soares

Apr 27, 2010, 1:05:09 PM4/27/10
to Satish Phadke, indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dr. Phadke,
   Have never seen Albizia amara. Would be grateful if you could post some of your photographs of it.
                      Regards,
                       Neil.