Re: [indiantreepix:13267] Ipomoea quamocilt

Devendra Bhardwaj

Jun 16, 2009, 9:46:16 PM6/16/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Thanks Sureshji
Regard
Devendra

--- On Wed, 17/6/09, Suresh C. Sharma <bush...@gmail.com> wrote:

From: Suresh C. Sharma <bush...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [indiantreepix:13267] Ipomoea quamocilt
To: "Devendra Bhardwaj" <devendra...@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 17 June, 2009, 6:36 AM

Lovely flower, Devendraji,
Thanks,
Suresh

On 6/16/09, Devendra Bhardwaj <devendra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,

     Plant from smriti van Jaipur

 Ipomoea  quamocilt

Photo Taken on-29.8.2007

Cricket on your mind? Visit the ultimate cricket website. Enter now!

Anand Kumar Bhatt

Jun 17, 2009, 9:55:10 AM6/17/09
to Devendra Bhardwaj, Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
This has my childhood memories. At our house in Ghazipur it used to grow wild. It got germinated from the wall corners and a cement cover on a staircase which was for some reasons left incomplete. It used to be there during the rains and after that due to lack of moisture, it died out. The flower has a short life. By evening it withers. As the photograph shows it is bright red and when it blooms it is very attractive. The foliage is lovely, dark green and fern like. We used it for decoration during Janmashtami. I remember one Bengali classmate of mine at Allahabad used to go to a nearby village to get lotus flowers for the Janmashtami Puja.
Those were the days!
akbhatt
--
Anand Kumar Bhatt
A-59, B.S.F.Colony, Airport Road

Sushmita Jha

Jun 17, 2009, 10:42:35 AM6/17/09
to Anand Kumar Bhatt, Devendra Bhardwaj, Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Anand-ji, I have similar memories of this flower being a part of our childhood. Back in the early '60s, my mother trained this creeper - her favourite - on to a gate and it used to grow wild. It is a low-maintenance plant and saplings come up every year on its own even in my harsh terrace garden. In Bengali it is called Taru-lata (creeper). And yes, like all good things, the pretty flowers are short-lived!
Regards,
Sushmita