Rosaceae week : Potentilla from Spiti

Satish Phadke

Oct 7, 2011, 4:38:55 AM10/7/11
to indiantreepix
I think I had posted this earlier too.Plant observed in Spiti.
This Potentila species is either Potentilla microphylla-or Potentilla anserina.
Please confirm. Sorry no other views taken.

--
Dr Satish Phadke
117 DSCN1237s Potentilla microphylla-anserina.jpg

Prashant awale

Oct 7, 2011, 4:46:18 AM10/7/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Dear Satish ji,

Check for Potentilla bifurca.

Regards
Prashant

Gurcharan Singh

Oct 7, 2011, 6:15:23 AM10/7/11
to Prashant awale, Satish Phadke, indiantreepix
Yes this could be P. bifurca only, Our plant is P. bifurca var.major (syn: P. bifurca subsp. orientalis of Fl. Pak) characterised by leaflet tip being entire, they 2-fid at tip in var. bifurca. Both your plant and that of Prashany ji are same.

P. anserina has alternate large and small leaflets, and lots of stolons
P. microphylla numerous small, close and pinnatifid-toothed.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Satish Phadke

Oct 7, 2011, 7:42:10 AM10/7/11
to indiantreepix
Thanks Gurcharan ji and Prashant ji
The ID of this plant was on waiting list.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Satish Phadke <drsmp...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
Dr Satish Phadke

Satish Phadke

Oct 8, 2011, 10:21:53 AM10/8/11
to indiantreepix
One more gross observation : Large gaps between the petals so that a lot of calyx is visible through it.(This can be kept in mind while searching for other given characters if somebody is going to visit similar area in future)
--
Dr Satish Phadke