MS,Oct,2021/32 Baliospermum sp. ? for id

M Sawmliana

Oct 10, 2021, 6:22:27 AM10/10/21
to indiantreepix
Location : Ailawng
Date : 30-06-2018
Habit : Undershrub
Habit : Wild

With regards,
M.Sawmliana
Baliospermum sp.(Hlo-ar-ek).JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 10, 2021, 6:57:48 AM10/10/21
to efloraindia, M Sawmliana, J.M. Garg
Please check Baliospermum calycinum Müll.Arg.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Oct 17, 2021, 1:53:26 AM10/17/21
to efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the id.
To me also appears close to images at Baliospermum calycinum

With regards,
J.M.Garg
Baliospermum sp.(Hlo-ar-ek).JPG

Saroj Kasaju

Oct 17, 2021, 3:48:12 AM10/17/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Tapas Chakrabarty

Oct 17, 2021, 8:08:27 AM10/17/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Baliospermum calycinum var. micranthum.

J.M. Garg

Oct 23, 2021, 12:00:53 PM10/23/21
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks, Tapas ji.
How is it different from the Type variety?
I could not open the BSI efloraofindia.

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Tapas Chakrabarty

Oct 23, 2021, 4:04:55 PM10/23/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Well, the genus Baliospermum exhibits extraordinary phenological plasticity. Please see the attached paper wherein an attempt has been made to recognize the varieties (representing the extremities) within B. calycinum. However, these varieties are connected to each other through endless intermediates. After consulting the paper, I found that B. calycinum var. sinuatum fits well with the present plant.
Thanks and regards,
Tapas.
74451-125269-1-SM.pdf

J.M. Garg

Oct 24, 2021, 12:27:50 AM10/24/21
to Tapas Chakrabarty, efloraofindia, M Sawmliana, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Tapas ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg