For Id 260608JM

J.M. Garg

Jun 25, 2008, 10:23:33 PM6/25/08
to indiantreepix
On 22/6/08 at Mrugavani National Park in Chilkur near Hyderabad. Lot of  Peacock Royal (Tajuria cippus) were attracted to it.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Kenneth Greby

Jun 25, 2008, 10:47:09 PM6/25/08
to indiantreepix, J.M. Garg
 This looks vaguely like a Crinodendron species, though probably not C. patagua (Elaeocarpaceae), though I'm not certain if these grow in your area.

Best of luck--
Ken Greby
Palmetto Bay, FL USA

J.M. Garg

Jun 26, 2008, 9:34:34 AM6/26/08
to fst...@yahoo.com, indiantreepix
I looked for pictures of Crinodendron species at  http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=Crinodendron&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi , but I found there flowers quite big in comparison to the size of leaves unlike in my posting where flowers were hardly visible.

J.M. Garg

Jul 14, 2008, 11:18:13 AM7/14/08
to fst...@yahoo.com, indiantreepix
Posting a few more pictures taken on 13/7/08 in Hyderabad of a tree which appears to be a favourite with the Royal butterflies. Flowers are so tiny to be inconspicuous.
Unided at Hyderabad, AP I IMG_7802.jpg
Unided Flowers in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_7804.jpg
Unided in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_7800.jpg
Unided in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_7801.jpg
Unided in Hyderabad, AP I IMG_7805.jpg

J.M. Garg

Jul 19, 2008, 8:13:12 AM7/19/08
to fst...@yahoo.com, indiantreepix
Here is reply from Chandra Mohan ji, who has great interest & knowledge of Indian Flora:
"Garg Ji,
Really nice photos your are posting. I must appreciate the interest you are showing and the time you are spending on this activity. The tree is "Diospyros chloroxylon" of Ebenaceae.
--
N. Chandra Mohan Reddy, IFS.,
Officer on Special Duty,
#6-1-2/1 Tankbund Road,