Flora of Panipat-Desmostachya bipinnata from Lohari roadside area

14 views
Skip to first unread message

Balkar Arya

unread,
Jul 15, 2011, 8:18:11 PM7/15/11
to indiantreepix
Dear All
Desmostachya bipinnata
From as roadside area
The Inflorescence of this plant used to make broom by locals
--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964
Desmostachya bipinnata (1).JPG
Desmostachya bipinnata (2).JPG
Desmostachya bipinnata (3).JPG

Gurcharan Singh

unread,
Jul 15, 2011, 9:47:15 PM7/15/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Yes Balkar ji
Nice photographs.


-- 
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/ 

Balkar Arya

unread,
Jul 15, 2011, 9:54:50 PM7/15/11
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
thanks for confirmation Sir

amit chauhan

unread,
Jul 16, 2011, 12:30:25 AM7/16/11
to Balkar Arya, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Also known as "Kush ghas" in Hindi and is very important plant in ancient Hindu mythology and is planted in Nakshatra gardens  
 
regards

--
Dr. Amit Chauhan
Junior Technical Assistant
Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre, Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand 263149
ph.05944 234445
mob.+919412161087
mail: amit...@gmail.com
amit...@rediffmail.com
amit.c...@cimap.res.in

vj

unread,
Jul 16, 2011, 3:01:53 AM7/16/11
to amit chauhan, indian...@googlegroups.com
Also called Daab in Meerut/Roorkee area. Very hardy and beautiful.
Very useful in landscaping.
regards,
vijay dhasmana

On Jul 16, 9:30 am, amit chauhan <amitci...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also known as "Kush ghas" in Hindi and is very important plant in ancient
> Hindu mythology and is planted in Nakshatra gardens
>
> regards
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > thanks for confirmation Sir
>

> > On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 7:17 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Yes Balkar ji
> >> Nice photographs.
>
> >> --
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/
>

> >> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 5:48 AM, Balkar Arya <balkara...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >>> Dear All
> >>> *Desmostachya bipinnata*


> >>> From as roadside area
> >>> The Inflorescence of this plant used to make broom by locals
> >>> --
> >>> Regards
>
> >>> Dr Balkar Singh
> >>> Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> >>> Arya P G College, Panipat
> >>> Haryana-132103
> >>> 09416262964
>
> > --
> > Regards
>
> > Dr Balkar Singh
> > Head, Deptt. of Botany and Biotechnology
> > Arya P G College, Panipat
> > Haryana-132103
> > 09416262964
>
> --
> Dr. Amit Chauhan
> Junior Technical Assistant
> Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Research Centre,
> Pantnagar, PO Dairy Farm Nagla, Pantnagar, Udham Singh Nagar, Uttarakhand
> 263149
> ph.05944 234445
> mob.+919412161087

> mail: amitci...@gmail.com
> amitci...@rediffmail.com
> amit.chau...@cimap.res.in

Satish Phadke

unread,
Jul 16, 2011, 5:43:41 AM7/16/11
to Balkar Arya, indiantreepix
Good pictures of a grass.
Family : Poaceae.
often grows as a weed in wheat crops.

Balkar Arya

unread,
Jul 16, 2011, 9:27:45 AM7/16/11
to Satish Phadke, indiantreepix

Here in Haryana also called as daab
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages