Please Follow the format for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 18, 2011, 2:45:38 AM7/18/11
to efloraofindia
This is for the attention of colleagues sending photographs for ID.
1. Subject line should be unique ID (dd+mm+yyyy+initials+post number for the day) followed by the place (preferably city) where the plant was photographed.
2. Exact locality, its altitude should be indicated
3. Habitat where the plant was growing: cultivated, weed of cultivation, wastelands, roadsides, marshy area, aquatic etc.
4. Habit: Tree, shrub, woody climber, herbaceous climberr, annual herb, perennial herb, etc.
5. Aproximate height of the plant
6. Insersion of leaves, whether alternate (one at each point), opposite (two at each point) or whorled (more than two at each point)
7. Aproximate size of middle leaves
8. Flower diameter and length
9. Fruit size

Although some members may find it difficult to provide all details, but they should try to give maximum possible information.

For better identification the three photographs accompanying should be : a side view of branch showing clear view of leaves and flowers.; a close up of flower from the side to show bracts, calyx and corolla; a top close up of flower to show stamens and style/s.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

formp...@yahoo.com

Jul 18, 2011, 4:09:53 AM7/18/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Efloraindia
I could follow everything but how to decide post number. Is it my post number or eflora?
Eg in your this mail it is efloraofindia 74395 . Does this get gemerated atomatically.
Sorry didn't observe before. Now have time at hand, so learning something new.
I wanted to tell Gargji too that I learnt resizing the photos too. In 2oo7 version the photoeditor option is fantastic. Learning 2007 version too.
Madhuri

Sent from BlackBerry® on Airtel

From: Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:15:38 +0530
To: efloraofindia<indian...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [efloraofindia:74395] Please Follow the format for ID

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 18, 2011, 5:03:48 AM7/18/11
to formp...@yahoo.com, Efloraindia
Madhuri ji
If I will send my first post for ID today the subject line would be:

18072011GS1 Plant(it could also be herb/shrub/tree/climber) for ID from Kashmir

my second post today for ID would be

18072011GS2 Plant(it could also be herb/shrub/tree/climber) for ID from Kashmir

and so on

I hope that should satisfy you.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh