Venteak,

Yazdy Palia

Jun 3, 2010, 6:16:59 AM6/3/10

Jun 3, 2010, 6:30:37 AM6/3/10

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Yazdy Palia

Jun 3, 2010, 6:42:13 AM6/3/10
to Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh ji,
I know it as Venteak. I got the Botanical name from
http://www.keralaagriculture.gov.in/htmle/crops/f1.html. The family
name according to this site is

Lythraceae
However, I would appreciate if you could enlighten me the reason for
your doubts. I may be mistaken and am eager to learn more.
Regards
Yazdy.

tanay bose

Jun 3, 2010, 8:59:03 AM6/3/10
to Yazdy Palia, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Yaddy Ji,
If you are confirmed about this being Benteak then this is Lagerstroemia parviflora
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Yazdy Palia

Jun 3, 2010, 7:49:37 PM6/3/10
to tanay bose, Gurcharan Singh, indiantreepix
Dear Tanay Ji,
I confirm it is Venteak. Dr. Gurcharan Singh ji is correct. It is
Lagerstroemia microcarpa. Am copying a link to show that the leaves
are whitish on the undersides.
http://www.biotik.org/india/species/l/lagemicr/lagemicr_en.html
Please go through.
Regards
Yazdy.

Gurcharan Singh

Jun 3, 2010, 9:17:36 PM6/3/10
to Yazdy Palia, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Yazdy ji
Thanks for making so many effrts to get correct name of the plant. People like you are strength and real assets for the group, being such keen observers although not being botanists. I also read leaves bluish-white on the underside in my book "Indian trees"  but word bluish-white made me unsure. Any how I am happy that you got the name finally. Enjoy your estate and its plants.
Wish we get some occasion to visit vast estates of yours and that of Neil ji.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

Yazdy Palia

Jun 4, 2010, 12:17:47 AM6/4/10
to Gurcharan Singh, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Dear Dr. Gurcharan Singh ji,
Many thanks for the appreciation and for the good wishes. Mine is a
small holding in any case You and all are welcome. It would be a
pleasure studying botany under you.
Regards
Yazdy.

JM Garg

Apr 23, 2019, 7:30:35 AM4/23/19
to efloraofindia, Yazdy Palia
After going through all the posts in efi site, I feel it is closer to images, details and keys at Lagerstroemia microcarpa
DSCN2710.jpg
DSCN2711.jpg
DSCN2712.JPG
DSCN2713.JPG