Ixora fruits?? 140710-PKA2

Prashant awale

Jul 14, 2010, 1:50:18 PM7/14/10
to indiantreepix
Dear Friends,

Came across this Tree with reddish fruits at Sagargad. A bug  was enjoying the fruits.. ID pl... Looks like some Ixora sp.

Date / Time:11-07-2010 / 12:30PM

Location: Sagargad Top

Habitat: Wild

Plant Habit: Tree (almost 6 to 8 m)

Fruits: Globuse, reddish

regards
Prashant
Ixora sagargad-3.jpg
Ixora sagargad-2.JPG
Ixora Sagargad-1.jpg
Ixora sagargad-5.jpg
Ixora sagargad-4.jpg

Satish Phadke

Jul 14, 2010, 1:52:34 PM7/14/10
to Prashant awale, indiantreepix
That is probably Hitler insect.

Dinesh Valke

Jul 14, 2010, 2:02:08 PM7/14/10
to Satish Phadke, Prashant awale, indiantreepix
Dear Prashant ... most probably Ixora brachiata.
Regards.

Pankaj Oudhia

Jul 14, 2010, 2:20:55 PM7/14/10
to efloraofindia
Yes, it looks like Mask Bug.

Link for another interesting mask bug.

http://pankajinprintmedia.blogspot.com/2010/01/blog-post_13.html

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

Neil Soares

Jul 14, 2010, 10:23:19 PM7/14/10
to indiantreepix, Prashant awale
Hi Prashant,
  Nice photographs !!!. It is Catacanthus incarnatus [the Man-faced Bug].
                   Regards,
                     Neil.

tanay bose

Jul 15, 2010, 12:20:51 AM7/15/10
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix, Prashant awale
Ixora brachiata is a call from me too !!
The insect looks cool!
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Prashant awale

Jul 15, 2010, 1:26:00 AM7/15/10
to tanay bose, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Thanks Satish ji, Dinesh ji, Pankaj ji, Neil Ji and Tanay ji. Insect here is Catacanthus incarnatus as stated by Neil ji.
regards
Prashant

promila chaturvedi

Jul 16, 2010, 9:18:20 AM7/16/10
to Prashant awale, tanay bose, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
the insect most probably  is red cotton bug.
Promila

Pravin Kawale

Jul 17, 2010, 2:02:51 AM7/17/10
to promila chaturvedi, Prashant awale, tanay bose, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Hi,
Similar bug from Sagargad,Alibag
once again
Thanks

--
Pravin

DSC0728.JPG
DSC072.JPG

Neil Soares

Jul 17, 2010, 3:04:20 AM7/17/10
to promila chaturvedi, Pravin Kawale, Prashant awale, tanay bose, indiantreepix
Negative Pravin. This is the Red Cotton Bug [Dysdercus cingulatus].
                      Regards,
                        Neil.

Pankaj Oudhia

Jul 17, 2010, 5:23:09 AM7/17/10
to efloraofindia
Agreed with Neil ji.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

tanay bose

Jul 17, 2010, 7:52:30 AM7/17/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Looks lovely that's all I can say!!
I have no idea in entomology
Tanay

Pankaj Oudhia

Jul 17, 2010, 3:35:17 PM7/17/10
to efloraofindia
Thanks. I am your fan Tanay specially of your expertise in the identification of Mushroom. Keep it up.

regards

Pankaj Oudhia

tanay bose

Jul 17, 2010, 3:37:18 PM7/17/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, efloraofindia
Thanks Pankaj ji, will remember your words
Tanay