Apiaceae (Umbelliferae) Week: August 1 to 7, 2011

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 30, 2011, 11:20:18 AM7/30/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends
We will have our next Plant Week starting from Monday, August 1 to Sunday, August 7, 2011. Incidently first Monday falls right on first in the month of August. Members are requested to upload members of this family both identified as well those meant for ID. The subject line for all mails pertaining to this family during the Week should start with "Apiaceae (Umbelliferae) Week:............."

Here is the list of episodes already covered and those proposed for future

November, 2010: Apocynaceae (Dr. Balkar Arya)
December: Poaceae (Dr. Ritesh Kumar Choudhary
January, 2011: Fruits and Vegetables (Dinesh Valke)
February: Commelinales and Zingiberales (Dr. Mayur Nandikar)
March: Euphorbiaceae  (Dr. Rashida Atthar)
April: Solanaceae (Dr. Gurcharan Singh)
May: Ranunculaceae (Dr. Nidhan Singh)
June: Acanthaceae (Dr. Gurcharan Singh)
July: Lamiaceae (Dr. Gurcharan Singh)
August: Apiaceae
September: Malvaceae (Dr. Balkar Singh)
October: Rosaceae

Your suggestions please!
You may please volunteer to coordinate the episode of your choice

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Jul 31, 2011, 3:36:01 AM7/31/11
to efloraofindia
Looking forward to this week...
I am also hoping that besides the usual culinary and decorative
Apiaceae
plants, we will be privy to seeing some "Unusual " not so common, and
only to be seen in
the Himalayas type of Umbellifers...

Good luck.
Usha di