Ceiba pentandra from Delhi

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 29, 2009, 7:14:38 AM11/29/09

Nov 29, 2009, 7:33:05 AM11/29/09

Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-1.jpg
Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-2.jpg
Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-3.jpg
Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-4.jpg
Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-6.jpg

Pinki

Nov 30, 2009, 1:49:16 AM11/30/09
to indiantreepix
Sorry Gurcharan singh ji but i doubt its Ceiba pentandra...

Alok

On Nov 29, 4:33 am, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Adding leaves to complete series
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Associate Professor

> From: Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>
> Date: Sun, Nov 29, 2009 at 5:44 PM
> Subject: Ceiba pentandra from Delhi
> To: indian...@googlegroups.com
>
> Uploading Ceiba pentandra from Delhi
>
> --
> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> Associate Professor

>  Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-5.jpg
> 186KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-1.jpg
> 279KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-2.jpg
> 201KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-3.jpg
> 287KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-4.jpg
> 172KViewDownload
>
>  Ceiba-pentandra-Delhi-6.jpg
> 200KViewDownload

Dinesh Valke

Nov 30, 2009, 1:53:22 AM11/30/09
to Pinki, indiantreepix
Alok ji, please put a reason or two, however vague they are - to support your doubt; that will help understand better.
Regards.

Pinki

Nov 30, 2009, 4:49:07 AM11/30/09
to indiantreepix
very sorry for my vague comment. but i think the flower clusters are
much bigger and compact in case of ceiba pentandra. plus the petals in
case of photos given by Gurcharan Singh ji seems to be fleshy where as
in case of ceiba pentandra they are realtively thin and more of
rounded than long. it can be and is ceiba but pentandra i doubt. i had
read about a plant somewhere about a white variant of Bombax ceiba
which is not actually a veriant but different species of Bambax. i am
forgetting its name presently but as soon as i get it (within an hour
or so) i will post it...i might be wrong but these are my
observations...
Alok
> > indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com<indiantreepix%2Bunsubscribe@goog legroups.com>
> > .

Pinki

Nov 30, 2009, 5:05:33 AM11/30/09
to indiantreepix
Apologies for my comments on Ceiba pentandra from Delhi. Gurcharan
Singh ji is right. this is Ceiba pentandra. really sorry. actually i
got a bit confused when i noticed the white flower. i confused its
size and its white colour and thought it was Ceiba insignis.

Sorry again.

Alok