For ID 100809 ET

Thiruvengadam Ekambaram

Aug 10, 2009, 5:47:21 AM8/10/09
to indiantreepix
Friends
This picture I took at Bijapur, Ibrahim Rouza monumet, on 8thd
Aug.,2009 .It was Big tree around 5 metre ht.
There are lot of trees of same kind at differant monuments.
Same tree I saw two differant colour of flowers i.e., Yellow and red.
This interested me
Please give ID
--
With Warm Regards,

THIRU
(E.Thiruvengadam)
Mobile 9987886892
Chembur, Mumbai -- India

IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0031.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG

ajinkya gadave

Aug 10, 2009, 5:53:30 AM8/10/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix

Thespesia populnea

भेंड ,भेंडी bhendi tree, cork tree, Indian tulip tree

satish phadke

Aug 10, 2009, 5:54:15 AM8/10/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
This is Thespesia populnae from Malvaceae family.
The flowers turn red when they start wilting.
Dr Phadke

2009/8/10 Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <ethiruv...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

satish phadke

Aug 10, 2009, 6:14:50 AM8/10/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
The latin generic name refers to the change in colour of the flower from yellow to purple usually within 24 hours

2009/8/10 Thiruvengadam Ekambaram <ethiruv...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 10, 2009, 8:23:24 AM8/10/09
to Thiruvengadam Ekambaram, indiantreepix
The pictures belong to Thespesia populnea. The tree looks similar to
Hibiscus tiliaceus which I had posted earlier, but the flowers and fruits
are different.

Gurcharan Singh

Joshi Pankaj

Aug 11, 2009, 1:30:14 AM8/11/09
to indiantreepix, Thiruvengadam Ekambaram
Dear Dr.Ekambaram,
Please check with Malvaceae family and Thespesia species.
Thanks.

Pankaj
Pankaj N. Joshi (PhD)
Jr. Scientist
Gujarat Institute of Desert Ecology (GUIDE)
Post Box # 83, Opp. Changleshwar Temple,
Mundra Road, Bhuj- Kachchh
Gujarat: 370 001 (India)
Phone: +91 2832 329408; Fax: 290335
Cell: +91 94269 49523