Flower for ID – 091011SC3

Shobha Chavda

Oct 9, 2011, 9:28:57 AM10/9/11
to indiantreepix

Request for ID –  091011SC3

Dear Friends

Posting a photo for Id of flower

Date / Time – 28.08. 2011 / 11.00 am.

Location – Place – Tamhini Ghat,Maharashtra

Habitat – Garden/ Urban/ Wild / Type – Wild

Regards,

Shobha

Copy of Tamhini Ghat 023.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Oct 9, 2011, 10:18:46 AM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Looks like a Commelinaceae...
may be Murdannia
Pankaj
>  Copy of Tamhini Ghat 023.jpg
> 221KViewDownload

Neha Singh

Oct 9, 2011, 12:24:48 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia
Yes Pankaj, I too think Murdannia semiteres.

Regards
Neha

Neil Soares

Oct 9, 2011, 1:14:33 PM10/9/11
to efloraofindia, Neha Singh
Hi,
 It looks like Murdannia wightii to me. Sending a few of my photographs. They were taken at my farm at Shahapur.
                      With regards,
                        Neil Soares.

--- On Sun, 10/9/11, Neha Singh <neha.v...@gmail.com> wrote:
Murdannia wightii 1.jpg
Murdannia wightii 2.jpg
Murdannia wightii 3.jpg
Murdannia wightii 4.jpg
Murdannia wightii 5.jpg

Mayur Nandikar

Oct 10, 2011, 6:52:53 AM10/10/11
to Neil Soares, efloraofindia, Neha Singh
To all
This is Murdannia semiteres for sure. M. wightii is synonym for M. pauciflora and one more thing to add Murdannia semiteres and M. pauciflora are different species from each other one is having terminal, purple flowers in panicle while other is with axillary, yellow flowers

Thank you.

--
Mr. Mayur D. Nandikar,
Research Student,