id pl.

ushaprabha page

Oct 18, 2010, 5:06:14 AM10/18/10
to indiantreepix
Id pl. of the shrub on the plateau of Dhak near Karjat.
PA160020.JPG
PA160025.JPG

ushaprabha page

Oct 18, 2010, 8:14:41 AM10/18/10
to indiantreepix
id pl  of the middlesize tree in Sahyadri forest, near a stream.
what is the brownish part? Inflorance or fruits and seed?
PA160032.JPG
PA160035.JPG

Dinesh Valke

Oct 18, 2010, 8:26:37 AM10/18/10
to ushaprabha page, indiantreepix
... possibly Hymenodictyon orixense.
Please wait for comment(s).

Regards.

Dinesh Valke

Oct 18, 2010, 8:27:44 AM10/18/10
to ushaprabha page, indiantreepix
... those are fruits in brown colour.
Regards.

Sharad Kambale

Oct 18, 2010, 9:09:36 AM10/18/10
to Dinesh Valke, ushaprabha page, indiantreepix

Definately Hymenodyvtyon but more probably H. obovatum.

tanay bose

Oct 18, 2010, 10:21:18 AM10/18/10
to Sharad Kambale, Dinesh Valke, ushaprabha page, indiantreepix
Hymenodictyon orixense
Tanay

--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

vcbalakrishnan neelambari

Oct 18, 2010, 10:31:19 AM10/18/10
to efloraofindia
most probably,Hymenodictyon orixens,usually found in deciduous forests
andin plains.Common Name being,Bridal Couch Plant or Mountain Sage

On Oct 18, 5:14 pm, ushaprabha page <ushaprabhap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> id pl  of the middlesize tree in Sahyadri forest, near a stream.
> what is the brownish part? Inflorance or fruits and seed?
>
>  PA160032.JPG
> 208KViewDownload
>
>  PA160035.JPG
> 211KViewDownload

ushaprabha page

Oct 19, 2010, 4:32:11 AM10/19/10
to tanay bose, Sharad Kambale, Dinesh Valke, indiantreepix
thanku everybody., but not satisfied  till id is not  confirmed fully
can anybody send photo of the flowers of this spece?

rajdeo singh

Oct 19, 2010, 7:14:08 AM10/19/10
to ushaprabha page, indiantreepix
Hello,
Photo named PA160020 & PA160025 are of  Cyathocline lutea Law ex Wight from Asteraceae. its a small herb.
Can u let me know how to reach Dhak plateau from Karjat Railway station.
Since i am doing my Ph.D work on Asteraceae plants.

----
Rajdeo Singh
Project fellow
DIMPR Project,
St. Xavier's College,
Mumbai

J.M. Garg

Nov 7, 2010, 7:26:26 AM11/7/10
to efloraofindia, ushaprabha page, Dinesh Valke, vcbalakrishnan neelambari, tanay bose, Sharad Kambale, Shrikant Ingalhalikar, satish pardeshi

Some earlier relevant feedback:

possibly Hymenodictyon orixense.
Please wait for comment(s).” from Dinesh ji.

“Definately Hymenodictyon but more probably H. obovatum.” Sharad Kambale ji.

Hymenodictyon orixense
Tanay”

"most probably,Hymenodictyon orixense,usually found in deciduous forests

andin plains.Common Name being,Bridal Couch Plant or Mountain Sage"

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

PA160032.JPG
PA160035.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Nov 20, 2010, 9:56:06 PM11/20/10
to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Dinesh Valke, ushaprabha page, Sharad Kambale, rajdeo singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“ possibly Hymenodictyon orixense.
Please wait for comment(s).” from Dinesh ji.

“Definately Hymenodictyon but more probably H. obovatum.” Sharad Kambale ji.

Hymenodictyon orixense
Tanay”

"most probably,Hymenodictyon orixense,usually found in deciduous forests

andin plains.Common Name being,Bridal Couch Plant or Mountain Sage"

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

to efloraofindia, TANAY BOSE, Dinesh Valke, ushaprabha page, Sharad Kambale, rajdeo singh
Two Threads seem to have been mixed up due to same subject ID

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor
Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

JM Garg

May 12, 2019, 4:02:36 AM5/12/19
to efloraofindia
PA160032.JPG
PA160035.JPG

J.M. Garg

May 12, 2019, 4:04:50 AM5/12/19
to efloraofindia, ushaprabha page, DineshValke, Sharad Kambale, balakri...@gmail.com
I think it should be Hymenodictyon obovatum as per fruiting image.

With regards,
J.M.Garg

For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group (largest in the world- more than 2975 members & 3,00,000 messages on 25.7.18) or Efloraofindia website (with a species database of more than 12,000 species & 3,00,000 images of which 1,00,000 are directly displayed).

PA160032.JPG
PA160035.JPG