how to upload photos on efloraindia

1 view

Neo

Apr 16, 2011, 2:04:31 AM4/16/11
to efloraofindia
Can someone kindly tell me the steps to upload photos on efloraindia.
I have miserably failed in doing so.

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 16, 2011, 2:32:08 AM4/16/11
to Neo, efloraofindia
Dear Neo

First resize photographs you want to upload to approx. 800 x 600 pixels size

(If working in photoshop, open file, save it under different name to preserve the original, go to image--->image size. in next screen type 800 in width window  height will automatically change , click ok....the file is resized, should be approx. 100-200 kb or so)

(if working with microsoft picture manager, open and save under different name, click picture----> resize....on right of image select percentage of  width x height...go on reducing percentage till first value (width) is 800 (height will change automatically).... you may try other options also....click ok)

Come to gmail. click compose mail. type address efloraofindia <indian...@googlegroups.com> enter appropriate subject line which should be unique (name of the plant and place if already identified; unique id such as based on ddmmyyyy+your initials+ your mail number for the day plus a few more words.....for example my second mail for ID today would have subject line "16042011GS2 a plant for ID from Delhi"

Now in the body of the mail type relevant details. If meant for ID then provide details as per format about the place, altitude, habitat, habit, height of plant, size and shape of leaves, size and colour of flower, size, shape and colour of fruit. You may add more information for helping further.
Now click attach file, in next screen select all files (resized and meant for upload; usually three for ID or otherwise) and click open. There will be attached and shown in your mail (may take some time; you will see the progress). When all files are attached send the mail.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Neo

Apr 16, 2011, 3:29:10 AM4/16/11
to efloraofindia
Thanks Sir for your kind support and advice.
regards,
Neo Victor Rodrigues
Goa