SK 2869 28 January 2021

Saroj Kasaju

Jan 28, 2021, 5:00:57 AM1/28/21

Date: November 2020

Jan 28, 2021, 5:01:50 AM1/28/21

Jan 28, 2021, 5:01:53 AM1/28/21

Jan 28, 2021, 5:02:50 AM1/28/21

Jan 28, 2021, 5:04:31 AM1/28/21

Jan 28, 2021, 5:04:55 AM1/28/21

Jan 28, 2021, 5:05:34 AM1/28/21

Jan 28, 2021, 5:06:19 AM1/28/21

Jan 29, 2021, 3:00:44 AM1/29/21

Jan 29, 2021, 5:16:13 AM1/29/21

Feb 4, 2021, 3:39:11 AM2/4/21
to efloraindia, Nidhan Singh, J.M. Garg
Is ID ok ?

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 11, 2021, 3:18:43 AM2/11/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
Also check Astragalus himalayanus also
Keys in Flora of Pakistan are based on the shape of Calyx teeth. Calyx teeth not triangular (deltoid) in A. himalyanus.
Calyx teeth shorter than the cup (cup c. 3 mm, teeth c. 1-2 mm) in Astragalus himalayanus Klotzsch in Klotzsch and Garckc as per keys and Calyx c. 3-4.5 mm long, pubescent, hairs black and white, teeth c. 1-1.5 mm long as per description
Calyx 4-6.5 mm, densely covered with appressed to as­cending, dark brown and white hairs; teeth mostly unequal, tri­angular, 0.5-1.5 mm, sometimes indistinct as per description in Astragalus chlorostachys Lindley
Also check their detailed descriptions.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 11, 2021, 4:09:20 AM2/11/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
Two sp., Astragalus stipulatus D. Don and Astragalus khasianus Benth. ex Bunge are found
listed in the book Flora of Kathmandu Valley, however I could not find the distribution for
Astragalus khasianus Benth. ex Bunge for Nepal and legumes also does not look like
matching. Astragalus stipulatus D. Don looks to be  completely different.
Astragalus himalayanus Klotzsch is found above 3200m only though FOI has mentioned
the lower limit as 2400m. Do you think Mr. Garg, that legume shape matches with the Herbarium?

I may need to visit the location during flowering season.

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 14.42.37.png

J.M. Garg

Feb 16, 2021, 5:57:06 AM2/16/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
I think it is a very very complex genus and expert help is required along with the literature.
So, in the current scenario, we have to go by what the books say.
To me it appears close to Astragalus khasianus Bunge as per description and illustration in Flora of China and as per GBIFspecimen 1, specimen 2
rather than Astragalus stipulatus D. Don as per description and illustration in Flora of China and as per GBIF- specimen 1, specimen 2 and specimen 3

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Feb 16, 2021, 8:56:59 AM2/16/21
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
I also feel now but not recorded in Nepal except for the FoKV book.
Not even mentioned in the book  recently published by Departrment
of Plant Resources, Govt. of Nepal.
I may have to check during the flowering season.
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Feb 24, 2021, 7:48:12 AM2/24/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
Reply from Sanjappa ji:
"Dear Saroj
It is Astragalus chlorostachys Lindl. based whatever character I could decipher from photos
with best wishes
M.Sanjappa, Ph.D., FNA, FASc, FNASc
Former Director, BSI; CSIR Emeritus Scientist; INSA Senior Scientist
Mahatma Gandhi Botanical Garden
University of Agricultural Sciences
GKVK, Bengaluru 560 065 "
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2021, 6:15:58 AM2/27/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
I am doubtful after checking the calyx at Astragalus chlorostachys
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 27, 2021, 7:10:38 AM2/27/21
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Nidhan Singh
Or maybe he is right.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg