Senna for I'd from Bilaspur

Bala Subramaniam

Jan 27, 2022, 4:32:51 AM1/27/22
to indiantreepix
Dear All,
Request for I'd of Senna from Bilaspur. The plant was a small shrub found wild. Photographed in January, 2022.
Warm regards
Dr. B. Subramaniam
20220124_143207.jpg

sh...@keystone-foundation.org

Jan 27, 2022, 6:06:35 AM1/27/22
to efloraofindia
Looks like Senna occidentalis

Mahadeswara

Jan 27, 2022, 10:40:45 PM1/27/22
to efloraofindia

The plant is reported to be poisonous to cattle due to the presence of derivative of anthraquinone called emodin.

Mahadeswara

Jan 27, 2022, 10:41:48 PM1/27/22
to efloraofindia
Senna coffee / Mogdad coffee seeds can be roasted and used as a substitute for coffee.

Bala Subramaniam

Jan 27, 2022, 11:43:39 PM1/27/22
to indiantreepix
Thanks Mahadeswara but Senna occidentalis has only 6-8 pairs of leaflets.
Dr. B. Subramaniam

Bala Subramaniam

Jan 27, 2022, 11:44:55 PM1/27/22
to indiantreepix
Thanks  to Keystone foundation.
Warm regards
Dr. B. Subramaniam

Mahadeswara

Jan 28, 2022, 7:02:45 AM1/28/22
to efloraofindia

Yes.  Balasubramaniam ji.  I think I overlooked the no. of leaves and took the overall resemblance.  I should have examined properly.  Sorry.
   Possibly it is  Senna sophera.   Need to examine the pods as well for confirmation.

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 28, 2022, 8:00:53 AM1/28/22
to efloraofindia
Yes S. sophera is possible

M Swamy

Jan 28, 2022, 10:09:34 PM1/28/22
to efloraofindia
Thanks Sir ji.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "efloraofindia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/a33017ac-464a-4ca4-b04a-5e207853fc59n%40googlegroups.com.

Bala Subramaniam

Jan 30, 2022, 4:50:46 AM1/30/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much Mahadeswara ji. I will examine the pods when the
pods will form.
Warm regards
B. Subramaniam

On 1/29/22, M Swamy <swamy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Sir ji.
>
> On Fri, Jan 28, 2022 at 6:30 PM Gurcharan Singh <sing...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes S. sophera is possible
>>
>> On Friday, January 28, 2022 at 5:32:45 PM UTC+5:30 Mahadeswara wrote:
>>

>>> Yes. Balasubramaniam ji. I think I overlooked the no. of leaves and
>>> took the overall resemblance. I should have examined properly. Sorry.
>>> Possibly it is Senna sophera. Need to examine the pods as well for
>>> confirmation.

>> indiantreepi...@googlegroups.com.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/a33017ac-464a-4ca4-b04a-5e207853fc59n%40googlegroups.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/a33017ac-464a-4ca4-b04a-5e207853fc59n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>> .
>>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/CA%2BNJD3OpHZPGJbY-VPdKc6K2MPAmK3ZAwXOrR%3DxmuVoRNSimVA%40mail.gmail.com.

J.M. Garg

Feb 3, 2022, 12:51:49 AM2/3/22
to efloraofindia, balasubra...@gmail.com, GurcharanSingh, Shiny Rehel, M Swamy
Yes, appears more closer to images at Senna sophera

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Bala Subramaniam

Feb 3, 2022, 2:08:08 AM2/3/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Shiny Rehel, M Swamy
Thank you very much Garg ji.
Warm regards
Dr. B. Subramaniam