ID Request - 15/09/2023PC1

Chitralekha P

Sep 15, 2023, 2:28:37 AM9/15/23
to Abridged Recipients
Dear Friends,
Please identify the plant growing in NIODA, U.P.
Height of the plant is 1.5-2 inches above ground, spreading through runners, leaves simple, suborbicular, inflorescence at the tip of a leafless axis.
Is it Cardamine lyrata?
With best regards,
Chitralekha
IMG_6828 copy.HEIC
IMG_6829 copy.HEIC
IMG_6833 copy.HEIC

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 15, 2023, 5:36:10 AM9/15/23
to eFloraofIndia
Centella asiatica I hope
Pl share images in JPG format, HEIC files don't open on this website.
You may either convert Heic files into jpg using Paint or any other software, more conveniently change settings in your iphone to save images as jpg, it is much more convenient.

P. Chitralekha

Sep 16, 2023, 1:09:51 AM9/16/23
to eFloraofIndia
Thank you Gurcharan Singh Sir. I have resent the images in jpg format. Got confused because of the small leaf size (the maximum lamina width is just 1cm) and the glossy surface.
Regards,
Chitralekha

IMG_6828 copy.jpg
IMG_6829 copy.jpg
IMG_6833 copy.jpg

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2023, 6:54:56 AM9/18/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, P. Chitralekha, GurcharanSingh

With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Sep 18, 2023, 11:05:49 AM9/18/23
to efloraofindia, P. Chitralekha, GurcharanSingh

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Sep 18, 2023, 11:13:33 AM9/18/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com, P. Chitralekha, GurcharanSingh
check with Centella verticellata

thank you

P. Chitralekha

Sep 20, 2023, 3:13:50 AM9/20/23
to eFloraofIndia
Stem: weak, slender, creeping, branched, rooting at nodes
Leaves: Simple, alternate, stipulate, petiole less than 1 cm, glabrous, lamina sub-orbicular, shallowly 7-lobed, each lobe further 3-lobed, about 1 cm across.
Inflorescence: Umbel, capitate, many (more than 7) flowered, leaf-opposed, solitary at each node, peduncle as long as petiole,
Flower: sessile, bracteate (one bract), sepals 5, minute green lobes, petals 5, may be imbricate, spreading, white with rose tip, stamens 5, styles 2, spreading, as long as filaments, stylopodia prominent, fruit globose, laterally flattened, glabrous, prominent intermediate ribs, carpophore absent.
Resembles Hydrocotyle .
Regards,
Chitralekha
IMG_6842 copy.JPG
IMG_6871 copy.JPG
IMG_6868 copy 2.JPG
IMG_6909 copy.JPG
IMG_6905 copy 2.JPG

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 25, 2023, 12:38:00 AM9/25/23
to eFloraofIndia
I don't think C. verticillata which is now known as Hydrocotyle verticillata in which leaves are peltate and hardly lobed, I have photographed from Delhi.

P. Chitralekha

Sep 25, 2023, 1:38:44 AM9/25/23
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Could it be Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides?
Regards,
Chitralekhs

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "eFloraofIndia" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/indiantreepix/6469692d-afae-4ec2-9019-e01f855fb5e0n%40googlegroups.com.

Gurcharan Singh

Sep 25, 2023, 9:45:29 AM9/25/23
to eFloraofIndia