efloraofindia:''For Id 28082011MR1’’ Lily plant Pune

Madhuri Raut

Aug 28, 2011, 9:17:09 AM8/28/11
to efloraofindia
Request for identification

Date/Time- Aug 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Plant

Height/Length- 3 feet

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- big green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- white flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-Not seen

Regards

Bhagyashri

280820111582.jpg
280820111583.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Aug 28, 2011, 9:26:13 AM8/28/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Perhaps Crinum asiaticum

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Tanay Bose

Aug 28, 2011, 10:28:14 AM8/28/11
to Gurcharan Singh, Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Crinum asiaticum indeed bulbs of this plant is poisonous.
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Madhuri Raut

Aug 28, 2011, 12:01:09 PM8/28/11
to Tanay Bose, Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia
Thank you Gurucharanji and Tanayji
Regards
Bhagyashri

Ushadi micromini

Aug 28, 2011, 1:45:02 PM8/28/11
to efloraofindia
this is the plant I had found was very popular in Bombay in the late
70s and 80s for decorating wedding halls... we did not have it in
Bengal then... our decorators used / still use rajanigandha / tuberose
flowers to make the same linear or criss-cross jaal... to cover walls
ans mandaps....

wonder if its still popular on the west coast....

usha di

On Aug 28, 9:01 pm, Madhuri Raut <itii...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Gurucharanji and Tanayji
> Regards
> Bhagyashri
>
> On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 7:58 PM, Tanay Bose <tanaybos...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Crinum asiaticum indeed bulbs of this plant is poisonous.
> > Tanay
>
> > On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 6:26 AM, Gurcharan Singh <singh...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> >> Perhaps Crinum asiaticum
>
> >> --
> >> Dr. Gurcharan Singh
> >> Retired  Associate Professor
> >> SGTB Khalsa College, University of Delhi, Delhi-110007
> >> Res: 932 Anand Kunj, Vikas Puri, New Delhi-110018.
> >> Phone: 011-25518297  Mob: 9810359089
> >>http://people.du.ac.in/~singhg45/

> > --
> > *Tanay Bose*
> > Research Assistant & Teaching Assistant.
> > Department of Botany.
> > University of British Columbia .
> > 3529-6270 University Blvd.
> > Vancouver, B.C. V6T 1Z4 (Canada)
> > Phone: 778-323-4036 (Mobile)
> >            604-822-2019 (Lab)
> >            604-822-6089  (Fax)
> > ta...@interchange.ubc.ca
> > *Webpages:*

Madhuri Raut

Aug 29, 2011, 11:32:08 AM8/29/11
to Ushadi micromini, efloraofindia
Ushadi nowadays Roses and Tuberoses as you pointed out are used commonly for decorations. I too remember these Lily flowers being used in the past.Thank you
Regards
Bhagyashri