Cotula anthemoides from Kashmir

Gurcharan Singh

Jul 5, 2010, 11:13:05 AM7/5/10
to efloraofindia, Flowers of India

Cotula anthemoides from Kashmir, growing along roadsides and waste places. The leaves resemble Anthemis, but the heads are different.

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Cotula-anthemoides-a.jpg
Cotula-anthemoides-b.jpg

tanay bose

Jul 5, 2010, 1:02:22 PM7/5/10
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia, Flowers of India
Description of the plant

1. http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=100&taxon_id=200023721
2. http://www.efloras.org/florataxon.aspx?flora_id=5&taxon_id=200023721

Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)

jmgarg1

May 20, 2012, 12:28:12 AM5/20/12
to efloraofindia
Identified as Matricaria matricarioides (Less.) Porter ex Britton by Singh ji as per link: https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en&fromgroups#!topic/indiantreepix/0eT6-rYFKsE

With regards,
J.M.Garg
For identification, learning, discussion & documentation of Indian Flora, please visit/ join our Efloraofindia Google e-group: http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix (more than 1860 members & 1,15,000 messages on 30/4/12) or Efloraofindia website: https://sites.google.com/site/efloraofindia/ (with a species database of more than 6500 species).

Cotula-anthemoides-a.jpg
Cotula-anthemoides-b.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

Jan 6, 2022, 11:14:59 AM1/6/22
to efloraofindia
  Friends, thankfully we have now been able to resolve the controversy. Our plant is Matricaria discoidea DC. which is distinct from Matricaria matricarioides (Less.) Porter ex Britt., (treated as synonym of of Tanacetum bipinnatum subsp. bipinnatum) which is very different species as per POWO with depressed globose heads, phyllary margins brown and presence of ray florets as against oblong heads, phyllaries with white scarious margins and absence of ray florets.
Here is another good images of M. matricarioides