Kaya tree

satyendra tiwari

Mar 27, 2010, 9:22:13 PM3/27/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
This tree is in blossom in Bandhavgarh, Very slow growing tree.
Locally it is called Kaya.
May I request to help in ID.

Date/Time-  25TH March 10

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-  Bandhavgarh National Park

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type- Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb-  Tree

Height/Length- 5 to 10 metre tall trees are seen here

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- 4 to 5 inch long

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- Strong sweet smell

Photographer  Satyendra Kumar Tiwari

--
Satyendra K.Tiwari.
Wildlife Photographer, Naturalist, Tour Leader

tanay bose

Mar 28, 2010, 12:05:30 AM3/28/10
to satyendra tiwari, indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Satyendra Ji,
I assume this plant is some species of Ixora sp from Rubiaceae. The photo is distantly taken to see the morphology of the flower.
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)
9830439691(Mobile)
9674221362 (Mobile)

Pankaj Oudhia

Mar 28, 2010, 1:11:14 AM3/28/10
to efloraofindia
In Chhattisgarh Kya or Kaya is local name of Strychnos potatorum. In Hindi it is known as Nirmali. My pictures of Kaya.

http://ecoport.org/ep?Plant=10132&entityType=PL****&entityDisplayCategory=Photograph_Thumbnails

Pankaj Oudhia

On Sun, Mar 28, 2010 at 6:52 AM, satyendra tiwari <kays...@gmail.com> wrote:

Nayan Singh

Mar 28, 2010, 10:23:26 AM3/28/10
to Pankaj Oudhia, satyendra tiwari, efloraofindia
Dear Pankaj ji, the plant posted by Mr Tiwari looks different than Strychnos potatorum posted by you.
thanks

N.S.Dungriyal IFS
Chief Conservator of Forests
and Field Director
Satpura Tiger Reserve Hoshangabad
M.P.
09424792100

Mar 29, 2010, 3:32:10 AM3/29/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,
I photographed flowers and leaves of this plant today. Hope this will help in ID. All other info is the same.
Regards.
Satyendra

On 28 March 2010 19:58, satyendra tiwari <kays...@gmail.com> wrote:
Dear Nayan ji and Pankaj ji
Sorry for poor quality pictures. I will photograph it again tomorrow and then post the photos again.
Regards.
Satyendra

Tree For ID SK 2 Locally called Kaya_DSC6298.jpg
Tree for ID SK1 Locally called Kaya _DSC6301.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 29, 2010, 4:41:36 AM4/29/10
to efloraofindia, satyendra tiwari, Pankaj Oudhia, Nayan Singh

Some earlier relevant feedback:

“I assume this plant is some species of Ixora sp from Rubiaceae. The photo is distantly taken to see the morphology of the flower.
Regards
Tanay”

In Chhattisgarh Kya or Kaya is local name of Strychnos potatorum. In Hindi it is known as Nirmali. My pictures of Kaya.

http://ecoport.org/ep?Plant=10132&entityType=PL****&entityDisplayCategory=Photograph_Thumbnails

“Dear Pankaj ji, the plant posted by Mr Tiwari looks different than Strychnos potatorum posted by you.
thanks
N.S.Dungriyal IFS”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)
Tree For ID SK 2 Locally called Kaya_DSC6298.jpg
Tree for ID SK1 Locally called Kaya _DSC6301.jpg

Vijayadas D

Apr 29, 2010, 6:26:34 AM4/29/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, satyendra tiwari, Pankaj Oudhia, Nayan Singh
Ixora Sps.?
--
Vijayadas D
Horticulturist EstateSupervisorDeputy

J.M. Garg

Apr 29, 2010, 8:29:35 AM4/29/10
to efloraofindia, satyendra tiwari, Pankaj Oudhia, Nayan Singh, Shrikant Ingalhalikar
A reply:
"Ixora pavetta for me. Regards, Shrikant"

satyendra tiwari

Apr 30, 2010, 9:32:54 AM4/30/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Dear Garg ji, Shrikant ji and all other members,
Many thanks for help.
Yes it is Ixora pavetta.
One of our friend lives in Oklahoma and they wants to have this in their garden.
I checked but could not reach to any conclusion.
Does this tree grows in USA??
Regards.
Satyendra