efloraofindia:''For Id 26092011MR2’’ creeper with milky white flowers ?RaanJaai Pune

Madhuri Raut

Sep 27, 2011, 12:40:05 AM9/27/11
to efloraofindia

Request for identification

Date/Time-Sep 2011

Location- Place, Altitude, GPS-Pune

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-Garden ?Wild

Plant Habit- Tree/ Shrub/ Climber/ Herb- Climber growing very rapidly

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size- dark green

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts- milky white flowers

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-not seen

Non fragrant

Regards Bhagyashri

270920112018.jpg
270920112016.jpg
270920112017.jpg

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 27, 2011, 2:01:46 AM9/27/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Thunbergia fragrans of Acanthaceae family.

Regards
Giby

--
GIBY KURIAKOSE PhD
Royal Enclave,

Madhuri Raut

Sep 27, 2011, 2:18:01 AM9/27/11
to Giby Kuriakose, efloraofindia
I am sorry Gibyji but yesterday I had posted a creeper which was Id as T fragrans but its leaves are totally different than this creeper. Kindly refer to it I cannot attach its pics as 2 threads would mix up
Regards
Bhagyashri

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 27, 2011, 2:22:37 AM9/27/11
to Madhuri Raut, efloraofindia
Would you please give me the link for the same or the subject line.

Thanks and Regards
Giby

Giby Kuriakose

Sep 27, 2011, 3:34:49 AM9/27/11
to Madhuri Raut, indiantreepix
Thank you Bhagyashri Ji, I got the same. I think both are same species. Leaves do not show much variation
Plese compare picture no. 260920111981.jpg  and 230920111877.jpg (previous post use the link below) with 270920112017.jpg (this post).
Look at the picture 230920111877.jpg you can see that there different types of leaves in the same stem.

Size and shape may vary according to the availability of light/shade and water for some plants. But if you compare the flowers they are basically the similar.

Link for previous post for comparison.

Regards,
Giby

On 27 September 2011 12:41, Madhuri Raut <iti...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have forwarded yesterdays post to you
Regards
Bhagyashri

Madhuri Raut

Sep 27, 2011, 4:05:34 AM9/27/11
to Giby Kuriakose, indiantreepix
Ok but I am not fully convinced about the leaves My previous post the leaves are much longer and pale green whereas todays post they are roundish broager and dark green. But I take your word as I am totally ignorant about plants
Regards
Bhagyashri