Tree for id

Padmanabhan Geetha

Feb 10, 2009, 10:44:26 PM2/10/09
to indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Dear Friends
Attaching an image of a plant for id please. Location : Tiwai Hill ( Khed dist, Pune) near chas-kaman dam.
Thanks and best wishes
geetha
Id14 090305 Jan 05.jpg

satish phadke

Feb 11, 2009, 10:05:08 AM2/11/09
to Padmanabhan Geetha, indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Appears to be from Genus Cordia of Boraginaceae. Most probably Cordia macleodii (Dahivan in Marathi) More features esp.flower details are necessary for pin pointing. You can refer to my earlier post of Cordia.
Satish

2009/2/11 Padmanabhan Geetha <iye...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com

Padmanabhan Geetha

Feb 11, 2009, 10:53:14 PM2/11/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Dear Satish ji
Thank you and yes i shall look up the references.
best wishes
geetha

satish phadke

Feb 12, 2009, 10:07:43 AM2/12/09
to Padmanabhan Geetha, indiantreepix Indian, wildflowerindia
Sorry I don't think I have posted C.macleodii.
Here is the picture of what I think is C. macleodii.
All morphological features are not seen in such pictures.
Satish

2009/2/12 Padmanabhan Geetha <iye...@gmail.com>

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
Cordia macleodii1.jpg

J.M. Garg

Feb 12, 2009, 9:58:52 PM2/12/09
to satish phadke, Padmanabhan Geetha, indiantreepix Indian
Thanks, Satish ji,
2009/2/12 satish phadke <phadke...@gmail.com>

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

J.M. Garg

Feb 28, 2009, 9:01:02 AM2/28/09
to satish phadke, Padmanabhan Geetha, indiantreepix Indian
Here is relevant portion of feedback from Neil ji:
"
Hi,
 Dr. Almeida identified the plant:

1.Possibly Ehretia sp. [E.laevis].