Identify

shobha chavda

Dec 3, 2009, 1:15:41 AM12/3/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com

Hi everybody,

In this October,I had been to Chakarata- a town near Deharadun.I have few snaps of flowers  which I can’t identify as I don’t have any books on Himalayan flora..Please help me in identifying them.I will be posting one flower in each post.Is this Polyganum?

Thanx,

Shobha

chakrata '09 078.jpg

Mrs Rathore

Dec 3, 2009, 11:13:10 PM12/3/09
to indiantreepix
Dear Ms. Shobha,

This is not Polygonum for sure. It is one of the grasses of the family
Poaceae. I really dont have a strong hand on grasses, so wont be able
to provide much details. Hopefully, a grass expert would reply...

Best wishes,
Nanu
>  chakrata '09 078.jpg
> 3683KViewDownload

J.M. Garg

Jan 14, 2010, 2:20:43 AM1/14/10
to indiantreepix, shobha chavda, Gurcharan Singh-sify, Nanu Rathore

Forwarding again for Id assistance pl.

Earlier relevant feedback:

“This is not Polygonum for sure. It is one of the grasses of the family

Poaceae. I really dont have a strong hand on grasses, so wont be able
to provide much details. Hopefully, a grass expert would reply...

Best wishes,
Nanu”

Could be Erianthus ravenae

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh”

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

chakrata '09 078.jpg

J.M. Garg

Mar 13, 2010, 5:35:50 AM3/13/10
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Gurcharan Singh, Nanu Rathore, shobha chavda, Tabish, navendu page, Swapna Prabhu
Dear all,
i think the Poaceae member in the attached photo is Erianthus ravennae [Ravennae Grass].
Regards
Tanay

Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)