Flower ID request | AR02

raghu ananth

Dec 18, 2010, 7:27:12 AM12/18/10
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Flower ID request | AR02

Flower Opposite, size- small, 1 cms, plant height -2 meters,
Chamundi Hills, Mysore

Regards
Raghu

DSC_0080a.jpg
DSC_0078b.jpg
DSC_0082d.jpg
DSC_0066_Habitat.jpg
DSC_0079c.jpg

Muthu Karthick

Dec 18, 2010, 9:40:35 AM12/18/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Mimosa sp?
--
Muthu Karthick, N
Junior Research Fellow
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 09626833911
www.careearthtrust.org

C KUNHIKANNAN

Dec 18, 2010, 1:51:16 PM12/18/10
to Muthu Karthick, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
It is Pterilobium
kunhikannan

--
Dr. C.Kunhikannan,
Division of Biodiversity,

tanay bose

Dec 18, 2010, 2:36:30 PM12/18/10
to C KUNHIKANNAN, Muthu Karthick, raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com

Pterolobium hexapetalum (Roth) Santapau & Wagh

(kindly ignore the typo in the previous spelling of  Pterolobium )

Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
Department of Botany.

Vijayasankar

Dec 18, 2010, 3:17:07 PM12/18/10
to raghu ananth, indian...@googlegroups.com
Yes this is Pterolobium hexapetalum, aptly known as 'travellers' terror'. It is good looking when its in flowering. Flowers are very fragrant. But we had had our toughest times with this plant in the field. While damaging your clothes and skin, it will apply frequent brakes during treks, with its spines that point all directions.
Regards

Vijayasankar Raman, Ph.D.
Post Doctoral Research Associate
Thad Cochran Research Center
University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS 38677
Phone: +1 662 915 1018