255 ID wild plant

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 19, 2022, 3:42:44 AMJan 19
to efloraofindia
Dear Members,
Please ID wild plant, kind regards, Sam.

Location: near Vannappuram Thodupuzha Idukki Dist. Kerala PIN:685607

Altitude: 1500fsl

Flower date: 14.01.2022, 10.35am

Habitat: wild moisture

Plant habit: climbing, branches, slender hard woody stem 08 inches base circumference, branch base remained as hard thorns, long lasting

Height: 12 meters

Leaves: alternate, ovate, apex, wavy margins, glossy, silver underneath, both white dotted (insect attack?) and non dotted overneath, size:12×8cm or less

Flower: racemose, size:1×0.3cm, diameter:05mm, green, good fragrance

Fruit: drupe ovoid green size:2.5×0.7cm

Seed:

Camera: mobile Samsung Galaxy A21s

255 Identify wild plant
20220114_103232.jpg
20220114_103545.jpg
20220114_104302.jpg
20220114_103616.jpg
20220114_104750.jpg
20220114_105125.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 19, 2022, 3:46:29 AMJan 19
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220114_110817.jpg
20220114_110807.jpg
20220114_105616.jpg
20220114_105444.jpg
20220114_105627.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 19, 2022, 3:49:48 AMJan 19
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220114_105134.jpg
20220114_111128.jpg
20220114_105103.jpg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 19, 2022, 3:52:34 AMJan 19
to efloraofindia
Sharing more images
20220114_111020.jpg
20220114_105910.jpg
20220114_105732.jpg

Paradesi Anjaneyulu

Jan 19, 2022, 9:21:01 AMJan 19
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Elaeagnus Sam JI,
With regards.

Mailtrack Sender notified by
Mailtrack
01/19/22, 07:49:36 PM

J.M. Garg

Jan 22, 2022, 8:48:20 AMJan 22
to efloraofindia, Sam Kuzhalanattu
I think it is close to Elaeagnus latifolia L. as per images and details herein and as per comparative images at Elaeagnus

--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Sam Kuzhalanattu

Jan 22, 2022, 1:14:47 PMJan 22
to J.M. Garg, efloraofindia, Paradesi Anjaneyulu
Dear Garg ji, Paradesi ji,
Yes, it is Elaeagnus latifolia, thank you very much for ID my plant, with kind regards, Sam.