Pods of the Indian Cork

Chithra V

Dec 22, 2009, 12:40:33 PM12/22/09
to indian...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I saw the picture of the pod of Indian cork taken by Mr. Garg on the internet. As I have never seen a pod of this tree could someone give me an idea of its size? How long are the pods and how many seeds does each pod contain? Are they produced in clusters like the flowers?
Chithra

J.M. Garg

Dec 23, 2009, 7:41:56 AM12/23/09
to Chithra V, indian...@googlegroups.com
Attaching the link containing these pictures:
http://groups.google.co.in/group/indiantreepix/browse_thread/thread/b73f20a0317acd10

2009/12/22 Chithra V <chith...@gmail.com>
Hi,
I saw the picture of the pod of Indian cork taken by Mr. Garg on the internet. As I have never seen a pod of this tree could someone give me an idea of its size? How long are the pods and how many seeds does each pod contain? Are they produced in clusters like the flowers?
Chithra

With regards,
J.M.Garg (jmg...@gmail.com)

Chithra V

Dec 23, 2009, 10:31:22 AM12/23/09
to J.M. Garg, indian...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the link...
There is no mention of the length of the pods, though, would you have any idea?
Chithra

J.M. Garg

Dec 24, 2009, 12:23:02 AM12/24/09
to Chithra V, indian...@googlegroups.com
May be around 30 cm- though not sure.

2009/12/23 Chithra V <chith...@gmail.com>

Thanks for the link...
There is no mention of the length of the pods, though, would you have any idea?
Chithra

Chandramohan Reddy

Dec 24, 2009, 3:11:44 AM12/24/09
to indiantreepix
Hi all,
During the previous year 2 trees from Sanjeevaiha park, Hyderabad have
produced pods and i have photographs. I took photographs which i will
be uploading in a day or two for the benefit of many members who have
not seen the pods of Millingtonia tree. Thank you
regards
Chandramohan Reddy