PLANT FOR ID 129 SMP JUN 09 Lahaul Spiti

satish phadke

Aug 8, 2009, 2:02:01 PM8/8/09
to indiantreepix Indian
When we were heading towards Pin valley national park snow had started melting with huge waterfalls by the roadside.
Everyone from our group was interested in spotting The Ibex. At one spot we couldn't go further as the road had given way due to big flow of water coming from the mountains.
So we waited for breakfast on a nearby plain area. To my surprise I could capture few  interesting flower species.
This is one of them.
Ferula jaeschkeana.
Family: Apiacea

--

http:// satishphadke.blogspot.com
129 DSCN1304s.jpg

Gurcharan Singh-sify

Aug 8, 2009, 10:53:12 PM8/8/09
to satish phadke, indiantreepix Indian
Nice photograph. I had collected a lot of them in Kashmir. Seeing them after nealy 35 years.

Gurcharan Singh