SK 3419 22 April 2022

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 22, 2022, 1:21:03 AM4/22/22
to efloraindia, J.M. Garg, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
Dear Members,

Location:  Romford, UK
Altitude:  40 m.
Date: 09 March 2022
Habit : Cultivated

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju
IMG_0488.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg
IMG_0486.jpg
IMG_0485.jpg

J.M. Garg

Apr 22, 2022, 8:58:54 AM4/22/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Thanks, Saroj ji, for the beautiful images.

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 22, 2022, 9:02:34 AM4/22/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia

Thank you Mr. Garg !

Saroj Kasaju

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 22, 2022, 9:19:31 AM4/22/22
to efloraofindia
It is a Skimmia sp or named x cultivar.
Some are male.
Some are female and will produce berries.
Some are male and female so also have berries

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 22, 2022, 9:20:41 AM4/22/22
to efloraofindia
PS I like all the pics on one post, rather than one pic per post.

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 22, 2022, 9:35:04 AM4/22/22
to efloraindia, Alastair Culham, J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd

Skimmia japonica 'Rubella' ??a

Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

J.M. Garg

Apr 27, 2022, 11:36:33 AM4/27/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
I do not think so as buds are not red as per RHS.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Saroj Kasaju

Apr 27, 2022, 11:44:19 AM4/27/22
to J.M. Garg, efloraindia, Alastair Culham, Sheila Sadd
OK Mr. Garg !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Plantaholic Sheila.

Apr 27, 2022, 1:49:03 PM4/27/22
to efloraofindia
In UK mostly Skimmia japonica.

But dozens of named cultivars./hybrids.
Recently saw a new one with variegated leaves.
Some are dwarfs, some normal size.
Some have red berries while others are white.

Life is too short to id one from another.
My pics below...mostly ones from old garden that we grew...hopefully accurately labelled

J.M. Garg

May 2, 2022, 12:19:18 PM5/2/22
to Saroj Kasaju, efloraindia
Unable to see after downloading.
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Gurcharan Singh

May 4, 2022, 1:08:33 AM5/4/22
to efloraofindia
Here they are Garg ji sending in parts, as website does not allow more than 4 mb
IMG_0488.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 4, 2022, 1:10:47 AM5/4/22
to efloraofindia
Adding more, as sending from gmail allows up to 8 mb

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

IMG_0486.jpg
IMG_0484.jpg

Gurcharan Singh

May 4, 2022, 1:11:06 AM5/4/22
to efloraofindia
here is 4th

Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

IMG_0485.jpg

J.M. Garg

May 4, 2022, 8:19:37 AM5/4/22
to efloraofindia, GurcharanSingh, Saroj Kasaju
Thanks a lot, Singh ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg