(090409SCS1-2) Is it Carissa congesta (Hindi name - Karaunda)

Suresh C. Sharma

Apr 9, 2009, 11:46:09 AM4/9/09
to indiantreepix
Is it Carissa congesta (In Hindi known as Karaunda)?
Sonepat, Haryana, 7th March 09.

Regards,
Suresh C Sharma
Picture-054.jpg
Picture-055.jpg

vinod kumar gupta

Apr 9, 2009, 1:25:44 PM4/9/09
to Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
I thought of posting my flowers and fruits of the same plant

Vinod

Apr 9, 2009, 11:25:28 PM4/9/09
to vinod kumar gupta, Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Hi, Suresh ji,
I am doubtful about Id for your pictures due to drooping flower buds etc.

J.M. Garg

Apr 21, 2009, 4:43:07 AM4/21/09
to indiantreepix
Forwarding again for Id pl.

Apr 21, 2009, 5:21:36 AM4/21/09
to vinod kumar gupta, Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
Here is a reply from Suresh ji:

"This has been identified by experts including Dr Joshi, Dr Anil and Sh. Devendra Bhardwaj as Capparis sepiaria.

Best,
Suresh"

2009/4/10 J.M. Garg <jmg...@gmail.com>
--
With regards,
J.M.Garg

Dilip Pandit

Apr 21, 2009, 5:29:34 AM4/21/09
to J.M. Garg, vinod kumar gupta, Suresh C. Sharma, indiantreepix
There is one variety of Jungli Kauranda in GK I park maintained by DDA. In April and October each year it flowers and gives out heavenly fragrance. The flower is white, tiny and has five petals. The scientific name is Carissa spinarum.

It is a bush not more than 4 feet in height and has small shiny leaves.

Dilip Pandit.