Syzygium malaccense Indonesia

Pudji Widodo

Aug 21, 2011, 12:29:30 PM8/21/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Friends,

I send you a picture of our cultivars of Syzygium malaccense.  I hope it is useful.

Regards,
Pudji Widodo
Fakultas Biologi Universitas Jenderal Soedirman
PURWOKERTO 53122 INDONESIA
Syzygium_malaccense_Jawa.jpg

Balkar Arya

Aug 21, 2011, 8:56:13 PM8/21/11
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
Nice Poster!!

2011/8/21 Pudji Widodo <pudji...@gmail.com>

--
Regards

Dr Balkar Singh
Arya P G College, Panipat
Haryana-132103
09416262964

Mahadeswara

Aug 22, 2011, 9:01:05 AM8/22/11
to efloraofindia
Excellent presentation of the pictures. Congrats for the nice poster
preparation.
>  Syzygium_malaccense_Jawa.jpg
> 233KViewDownload

Ushadi micromini

Aug 22, 2011, 12:56:27 PM8/22/11
to efloraofindia
Yes wonderful, truly pear shaped fruits.... very nice depiction...
Thanks
Usha di
======

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Aug 22, 2011, 1:51:51 PM8/22/11
to efloraofindia
Nice....thanks for sharing. I am sure it must be very tasty too.
Pankaj

On Aug 22, 9:56 pm, Ushadi micromini <microminipho...@gmail.com>

Pudji Widodo

Aug 24, 2011, 8:14:11 PM8/24/11
to efloraofindia
Dear All,

Thank you for your appreciation.

Best Wishes
Pudji Widodo

promila chaturvedi

Sep 1, 2011, 8:53:42 AM9/1/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes Dr. Kumar. It is crisp and juicy, mildly sweet and flavoured.
Promila

Rathinasabapathy Bhuvaragasamy

Sep 2, 2011, 1:59:38 AM9/2/11
to Pudji Widodo, efloraofindia
The colour of the S. malaccense, which I have noticed is white differ from the above. Pl. go through the link and confirm the id.

Thanks.
--
B. Rathinasabapathy
Project Co-ordinator

stock vector : tree

Pudji Widodo

Sep 2, 2011, 4:31:32 AM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
Dear Rathinasabapathy

We have various colors of Syzygium malaccense: greenish, white, white
and pink, red striped white, reddish, blackish. The most important
characters for S. malaccense are:
1. Stem monopodial,
2. Canopy usually conical
3. Bark whitish to yellowish brown
4. Inflorescence pink, deep pink, to crimson
To me the picture in the link is very close to a white cultivar of S.
samarangense, if the inflorescence is white.

Ushadi micromini

Sep 2, 2011, 4:43:49 AM9/2/11
to efloraofindia
well said Puddiji... like any field of science good research always
pays dividend of deep full knowledge....

Usha di
=========