Creeper for ID

Lakshmi Devi Nair

Aug 9, 2022, 8:28:45 AM8/9/22
to efloraofindia
Seen in the wild near Jawalagiri, Tamilnadu.

I’m wondering if it is a plant called Thirutali in Malayalam, from the Ipomea family.

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 8:31:26 AM8/9/22
to efloraofindia, Devi Nair
Hi, Lakshmi ji,
Can you show side view of the flower showing calyx?
--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Plantaholic Sheila.

Aug 9, 2022, 1:01:34 PM8/9/22
to eFloraofIndia
Might it be Ipomoea obscura.???

J.M. Garg

Aug 9, 2022, 8:54:17 PM8/9/22
to efloraofindia, Devi Nair, Sheila Sadd
Thanks, Sheila ji

--
With regards,
J. M. Garg

Lakshmi Devi Nair

Aug 9, 2022, 11:45:42 PM8/9/22
to J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd, efloraofindia
Thank you, Sheila’ji. I was hoping it was so. It is one of the ten plants considered as sacred in Kerala.

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 10, 2022, 3:01:27 AM8/10/22
to indian...@googlegroups.com, Devi Nair, J.M. Garg, Sheila Sadd
Ipomoea obscura (L.) Ker Gawl. is the correct ID !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

Saroj Kasaju

Aug 10, 2022, 5:49:55 AM8/10/22
to Lakshmi Devi Nair, efloraindia, J.M. Garg
OK Laxmi Ji. Please put others' emails in loop while replying !
Thank you.

Saroj Kasaju

On Wed, Aug 10, 2022 at 3:33 PM Lakshmi Devi Nair <tcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thank you, Saroj’ji.