[efloraofindia:35385] Grewia for id 200510MK1

1 view

Muthu Karthick

May 20, 2010, 5:08:46 AM5/20/10

30-04-2010 / 11:00 AM

E 052.jpg
E 053.jpg
E 054.jpg
E 055.jpg

Neil Soares

May 20, 2010, 6:43:56 AM5/20/10
to indiantreepix, Muthu Karthick
Hi,
 It is the Indian Screw Fruit Bush [Helicteres isora] locally called Murudsheng.
                    With regards,
                      Neil Soares.

Muthu Karthick

May 20, 2010, 7:09:48 AM5/20/10
to Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Thank you Neilji.
Yes, now I got it to be Helicteres isora L. of Sterculiaceae.
Sorry for my wrong id as Grewia.

tanay bose

May 20, 2010, 7:39:30 AM5/20/10
to Muthu Karthick, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Helicteres isora it is I have seen it twice in Indian Botanic Garden Sibpur Howrah (Sir J C Bose Botanic Garden)
Tanay
--
Tanay Bose
+91(033) 25550676 (Resi)

Satish Chile

May 20, 2010, 7:44:27 AM5/20/10
to tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
This is Helicteres isora. This is called Maror Phal in hindi on account of its twisted pods. This is said to be a remedy for stomachache.
Satish
--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Dinesh Valke

May 20, 2010, 10:22:04 AM5/20/10
to Satish Chile, tanay bose, Muthu Karthick, Neil Soares, indiantreepix
Helicteres isora ... is commonly known as: East Indian screw tree, nut-leaved screw tree • Bengali: antamora • Hindi: मरोड़ फली maror phali • Kannada: yedamuri • Malayalam: isora-murri, valampiri • Marathi: अटी ati, धामणी dhamani, केवण kewan, मुरडशेंग muradsheng • Oriya: murmuria • Sanskrit: अवर्तनि avartani, मृग शृङ्ग mrigashringa • Sindhi: vurkatee • Tamil: வலம்புரி valampuri • Telugu: నులితడ nulitada • Urdu: مروڙ پهلي maror phali

Regards.