PLANT FOR IDENTIFICATION -51

Debasish Joardar

Dec 27, 2007, 11:15:29 AM12/27/07
to indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Hi,

Location : Just outside the boundary of the temple,
Karnagar, Dist. Midnapore, West Bengal.

Date : 21/12/2007.

Would you please identify this plant.

Thanks,

Debasish Joardar.

Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Tabish

Dec 28, 2007, 10:23:48 AM12/28/07
to indiantreepix
This should be Scarlet Pea (Indigofera miniata). More information
here:
http://www.flowersofindia.net/catalog/slides/Scarlet%20Pea.html
Cheers!
- Tabish
http://www.flowersofindia.net
The Waterhole of Flower Lovers

On Dec 27, 9:15 pm, Debasish Joardar <djoardar1...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Location : Just outside the boundary of the temple,
> Karnagar, Dist. Midnapore, West Bengal.
>
> Date : 21/12/2007.
>
> Would you please identify this plant.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Debasish Joardar.
>
> ---------------------------------
> Bollywood, fun, friendship, sports and more. You name it, we have it.
>
> 1.jpg
> 227KViewDownload
>
> 2.jpg
> 194KViewDownload
>
> 3.jpg
> 171KViewDownload

Akramul Hoque

Dec 28, 2007, 10:54:57 AM12/28/07
to Debasish Joardar, indian...@googlegroups.com, WildFlo...@yahoogroups.com
Hello,
It is Desmodium triflorum (Flowers also may be-- Violish-Blue)---Fam-Fabaceae, Sub-Fam-Papilionoideae.

AKRAM

Tabish

Dec 28, 2007, 11:12:29 PM12/28/07
to indiantreepix
Dear Akram,
Although the picture agrees with the epithet "triflorum", the
Desmodium triflorum doesn't have scarlet flowers - they can be at the
most reddish violet.
Best wishes
- Tabish