Garden plant for ID 280411MK3

Muthu Karthick

Apr 28, 2011, 6:30:21 AM4/28/11
to indiantreepix
Dear all,
Please help to identify this plant in a garden at Kotagiri, Nilgiris. Could this be any Apiaceae?

Date/Time-

09-04-2011 / 04:30 PM

Location- Place, Altitude, GP

ca.2000asl; Kotagiri, TN

Habitat- Garden/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-

garden

Plant Habit-

herb

Height/Length-

30 - 50 cm long

Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-

ca.12 x 4 cm

Inflorescence Type/ Size-

terminal umbel; 8-10 cm across

Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-

0.5-0.7 cm across

Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds-

Muthu Karthick, N
Care Earth Trust
#15, second main road,
Thillai ganga nagar,
Chennai - 600 061
Mob: 0091 96268 33911
www.careearthtrust.org

G 084.jpg
G 085.jpg
G 086.jpg
G 087.jpg
G 088.jpg
G 089.jpg

Dr Pankaj Kumar

Apr 28, 2011, 3:25:51 PM4/28/11
to efloraofindia
Could this be some Verbena?
Pankaj

On Apr 28, 3:30 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
> Please help to identify this plant in a garden at Kotagiri, Nilgiris. Could
> this be any Apiaceae?
>
>  *Date/Time-*
>
> 09-04-2011 / 04:30 PM
>
> *Location- Place, Altitude, GP*
>
> ca.2000asl; Kotagiri, TN
>
> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> garden
>
> *Plant Habit-*
> herb
>
> *Height/Length-*
>
> 30 - 50 cm long
>
> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>
> ca.12 x 4 cm
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>
> terminal umbel; 8-10 cm across
>
> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> 0.5-0.7 cm across
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
>
> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *
>
> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Care Earth Trust
> #15, second main road,
> Thillai ganga nagar,
> Chennai - 600 061
> Mob: 0091 96268 33911www.careearthtrust.org
>
>  G 084.jpg
> 240KViewDownload
>
>  G 085.jpg
> 164KViewDownload
>
>  G 086.jpg
> 193KViewDownload
>
>  G 087.jpg
> 201KViewDownload
>
>  G 088.jpg
> 167KViewDownload
>
>  G 089.jpg
> 228KViewDownload

Muthu Karthick

Apr 29, 2011, 2:12:27 AM4/29/11
to Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
I also observed little fragrance in this plant.

Satish Chile

Apr 29, 2011, 2:57:37 AM4/29/11
to Muthu Karthick, Dr Pankaj Kumar, efloraofindia
Yes this is Verbena.

--
Dr. Satish Kumar Chile

Ushadi micromini

Apr 29, 2011, 12:18:44 PM4/29/11
to Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
Dear All: I think this is YARROW.

The leaves and the flower umbelliform remind me of a pink garden
cultivar of Yarrow.... Achillea millefolium....
a variety is endemic to Himalayas also... Yarrow is a very important
plant in herbal remedies... I have experienced one variety growing in
the grass meadow in NY which had leaves if chewed made cough disappear
and mouth and tongue go numb for about half hour...
Muthuji: do you have closer /better pictures of the leaves... they
tend to be lacy ..in laymen's term...

Scent is in flowers, stems, and leaves....of Yarrow...

Regards, Usha di
=============

On Apr 28, 3:30 pm, Muthu Karthick <nmk....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> Please help to identify this plant in a garden at Kotagiri, Nilgiris. Could
> this be any Apiaceae?
>

>  *Date/Time-*

> 09-04-2011 / 04:30 PM
>

> *Location- Place, Altitude, GP*
>
> ca.2000asl; Kotagiri, TN
>
> *Habitat-** Garden**/ Urban/ Wild/ Type-*
>
> garden
>
> *Plant Habit-*
> herb
>
> *Height/Length-*
>

> 30 - 50 cm long
>

> *Leaves Type/ Shape/ Size-*
>
> ca.12 x 4 cm
>
> *Inflorescence Type/ Size-*
>

> terminal umbel; 8-10 cm across
>

> *Flowers Size/ Colour/ Calyx/ Bracts-*
>
> 0.5-0.7 cm across
>
> *Fruits Type/ Shape/ Size Seeds- *
>

> *Other Information like Fragrance, Pollinator, Uses etc.- *

> --
> Muthu Karthick, N
> Care Earth Trust
> #15, second main road,
> Thillai ganga nagar,
> Chennai - 600 061

Gurcharan Singh

Apr 29, 2011, 9:24:55 PM4/29/11
to Ushadi micromini, Muthu Karthick, efloraofindia
Yes Usha di
Achillea millefolium, the cultivar perhaps ;Summer Pastels'

--
Dr. Gurcharan Singh
Retired  Associate Professor

Ushadi micromini

Apr 29, 2011, 10:46:51 PM4/29/11
to Gurcharan Singh, efloraofindia

Dear Gurucharan ji:
thank you for the feed back...
verification from someone like is very important for people like me
when they are learning...
Usha di

====